OT: I love this quote from the physicist Erwin Schrodinger, 135 today.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
“Thus the task is, not so much to see what nobody has yet seen; but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees.”

CvilleElksCoach

Oct 8, 2021
I use to "collect" quotes that I found interesting or funny. Here are a few favorites:

Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble the football. - John Heisman

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who'll decide where to go - Dr. Seuss

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards. - Anonymous

I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I liked it, and I don't know why I'll do it again. - Bart Simpson

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn. - Confucius on gamesmanship

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I use to "collect" quotes that I found interesting or funny. Here are a few favorites:

Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble the football. - John Heisman

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who'll decide where to go - Dr. Seuss

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards. - Anonymous

I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I liked it, and I don't know why I'll do it again. - Bart Simpson

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn. - Confucius on gamesmanship
Some days you feel like a nut. Some days you don't.

PSU73

Oct 12, 2021
I have 100's that I'm accumulated. Just a few.

A man of few words:
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. "
“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

This is one of my favorites as it is proven all the time:
“In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. "
- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Read this one using her voice:
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. "
- Mae West (1892-1980)

From one of the best spontaneous comedians in my lifetime:
"God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time."
- Robin Williams, commenting on the Clinton/Lewinsky affair Also in WSJ attributed to Stephen Ambrose, a historian, who was quoted from a PBS special on the same incident.

A very witty spontaneous quip:
“The world’s greatest athlete could have just died, for all we know,” said Brandel Chamblee, a commentator on the Golf Channel and former professional golfer following the death of Kim Jung-il, the leader of North Korea, where state run media had noted that in his first match, Kim bowled a perfect 300, and that he had five holes in one and 38 under par reportedly shot in his maiden round of golf.

Reactions: BobPSU92

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Great article about Euler.

Leonhard Euler was one of the greatest mathematicians of all time.

He contributed heavily to graph theory, calculus, mathematical functions, mechanics, astronomy, and even music theory.

This guy is the reason we learn about Euler’s number “e” in math class.

Even when he almost completely lost his eyesight, he relied on his exceptional memory and mental skills to continue working.

His works, when compiled together, came to 92 complete volumes, more than anybody in history.

One day when he was 76, he was sitting at his home in St. Petersburg watching his grandson play and smoking his pipe when a massive brain hemorrhage came.

Without hesitation, he muttered, “I am dying……”, and collapsed for good.

A sad but emphatic ending to a legendary contributor to world progress.

I think his passing would have been a whole lot sadder if his last words had been: “Bugger. I forgot to carry the 1.”

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021

He contributed heavily to graph theory, calculus, mathematical functions, mechanics, astronomy, and even music theory.

Even when he almost completely lost his eyesight, he relied on his exceptional memory and mental skills to continue working.

His works, when compiled together, came to 92 complete volumes, more than anybody in history.

One day when he was 76, he was sitting at his home in St. Petersburg watching his grandson play and smoking his pipe when a massive brain hemorrhage came.

I think his passing would have been a whole lot sadder if his last words had been: “Bugger. I forgot to carry the 1.”
Funny finish.

• Haha
Reactions: step.eng69

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021

Or "Bugger, I forgot to carry the -e^i𝝿"

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
Last edited:

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login