OT: I Share With Hesitancy

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Do not want to get back into an inflation argument, but I do want to share this. Seriously not here to argue, I'm cooked.

The Atlanta Fed just updated the annual us wage growth for February. It's knocking on 6% now. I figured some of you may be getting ready to sit down for your annual compensation reviews if you haven't already (Most companies do it this time of year.) Maybe if you have a little data to slap in front of the old bossman or bosslady, you can get an extra 1-2% if you are getting shortchanged. Maybe they tell you to pound sand, but at least you have the data. Not many times in recent memory has the employee had so much leverage... Use it while you can.

Here's the breakdown, overall Job Switchers are getting a little more, but job stayers are up over 5%.

Overall Average 12 month wage growth (raises)
View attachment 24035

Males Only
View attachment 24036

College Degree
View attachment 24038

Job Switchers
View attachment 24039

Job Stayers
View attachment 24040

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I am looking at multiple offers of 20% higher than what I’m making now and have already told work I’m quitting next month. I had to increase my consulting fee by 50ish% because people were thanking me for my generosity with my old number. Things are skyrocketing for my field

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Thank you for your generosity is definitely a threshold for not feeling guilty about raising fees.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I was so taken aback that I was like “yeah, I’m all about your mission,” but in my head I was like “oh, ****”

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I haven’t looked at the latest figures, but once upon a time the bottom 25% of earners were seeing income increases exceeding inflation. Is that still the case? That seems like the level which would have the most leverage in today’s environment.

Might not matter much since we’re all 1%’ers**

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login