OT: If you're given the opportunity

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
To ever talk to a young person that has an interest in your career or hobby, then I urge you to do so. Today I had such an opportunity. A teacher up in Itawmba county who works with students with disabilities to help them get ready for life after high school messaged our chase team saying she had a student with a passion for meteorology and storm chasing and was hoping someone from our team would coke up and talk to her. I volunteered to do so and it was an incredible experience. I'm far from anything special and never see myself as such, but she was so excited to get to speak to an "actual storm chaser" that I felt like a celebrity while I was there. I say that to say this...that 45 minutes I met with her and her teacher to answer her questions and encourage her to follow her dreams meant the world to her and ended up meaning the world to me, too. So if you have the chance to encourage a young person that has an interest in whatever your chosen field is then please do so. They're the future of this world and need as much positivity and encouragement as possible. I promise you'll get just as much reward out of it as they do.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Work Job GIF by South Park

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
You are uniquely benefited by doing something interesting and exciting. Kudos.

Every single day, I consider disappearance and living the Jack Reacher life. I have the self awareness to know I do not need to be career coaching young people.

MSU football isn’t helping either

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'm not sure there's many Yutes that want to drink beer, cook meat, work in the yard and ***** on sports message boards every day like me. I'll keep my ears open though because if that is their passion I'm a celebrity.....**

But seriously I agree, I've got a few guys from my past (mostly all dead now) that I looked up to about diffrenet things growing up and would love to be able to sit down w/ them and get advice occasionally

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login