OT Incoming freshman UPDATE

msualohadog

Oct 25, 2014
Today's the day! Drop off my son for the College Ready program. It's my first child to don the maroon and white. I'm pumped! I have two children who attended other schools and State is the most welcoming, communicating, organized, and family oriented school by far.

My middle son went to UGA and I always got a "if you're smart enough to get in, figure out how to get here" vibe.

Anyway, we will be rolling into Starkvegas at 2pm to move into Griffis Hall.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
In 4 years you will be like I was though,

"damn glad to get him out of there. Hope he finds a job soon so I can quit funding him. Glad I won't be paying for those fraternity/sorority dues, house rent dues, meal plans, t-shirts, etc. Can't wait to get him off my health insurance at 26 if not before. When can he get his own cell phone plan? Not paying for any more iPhones, iPads, or buying another car. Will be glad when he is off my car insurance plan, that'll save a bundle"

I kid, I kid, somewhat but still some truth in it. Hope he has as much fun as I did w/ better grades

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
In 4 years you will be like I was though,

"damn glad to get him out of there. Hope he finds a job soon so I can quit funding him. Glad I won't be paying for those fraternity/sorority dues, house rent dues, meal plans, t-shirts, etc. Can't wait to get him off my health insurance at 26 if not before. When can he get his own cell phone plan? Not paying for any more iPhones, iPads, or buying another car. Will be glad when he is off my car insurance plan, that'll save a bundle"

I kid, I kid, somewhat but still some truth in it. Hope he has as much fun as I did w/ better grades
You may be kidding, but every damn word you typed has come straight outta my damn mouth. word for 17n word

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
UPDATE - He asked us to leave about 20 minutes after we got there and then called us the next day introducing us to a female study partner named Reagan.

SPSers, if you dropped a daughter off for College Ready named Reagan, you might want to give her a call. My son's kind of a knucklehead...**
Wow, studying already. He must be on scholarship

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Today's the day! Drop off my son for the College Ready program. It's my first child to don the maroon and white. I'm pumped! I have two children who attended other schools and State is the most welcoming, communicating, organized, and family oriented school by far.

My middle son went to UGA and I always got a "if you're smart enough to get in, figure out how to get here" vibe.

Anyway, we will be rolling into Starkvegas at 2pm to move into Griffis Hall.
i get older matthew mcconaughey GIF

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
If not already, join the parent's FB group, comedic gold. I'm not even sure my parents knew if I ever attended college, I did everything, including paying for it on my own, now parents are involved in every minut detail.

Reactions: msualohadog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Thankfully he had YOU to tell him about STATE cuz we don't send crootin letters. Right?

Choctaw Dawg

May 21, 2017
If not already, join the parent's FB group, comedic gold. I'm not even sure my parents knew if I ever attended college, I did everything, including paying for it on my own, now parents are involved in every minut detail.
its incredible. no way I would have told my parents anything the way some of those parents are just sharing away what their kid is doing. Seems like these parents been wiping their kids *** until they were 18.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011

I'm in the one for my kids university and my word I'm expecting to see them ask what brand of crayons their kids need.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login