OT: Interesting Auto Report

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Interesting. I wonder if that will dip as more and more EV options come available.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I have owned five Mazda's in my life. All bought brand new. My wife's 94 Miata is in the garage with only 129K miles. My son has a 2018 Mazda 6 with turbo. That was a mistake. I have also owned Buick and Ford truck. My wife has a Nissan that she drives. We will never buy another Nissan.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
I have driven/owned a Ford, Kia, Nissan, Toyota(2), Hyundai and Chevy. Toyota has been far and away the best experience overall. Hyundai was no doubt the worst. The rest have been varying degrees of good and bad.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I have owned five Mazda's in my life. All bought brand new. My wife's 94 Miata is in the garage with only 129K miles. My son has a 2018 Mazda 6 with turbo. That was a mistake. I have also owned Buick and Ford truck. My wife has a Nissan that she drives. We will never buy another Nissan.
What's the issue with your Mazda 6? Asking because I bought a 2021 Mazda 6 turbo. So far, it's been a great car.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I almost bought a Nissan Armada at one time. Several previous Nissan owners talked me out of it. They all had transmission problems and ended up on the side of the road. My wife has a 2004 Miata that is a dream car. Some call it the most perfect car ever engineered because the weight ratio is 25% one each wheel. She loves it and calls it her hotrod.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
I've had two Mazda 3's. Great car. Number two just turned over 100K miles. No problems with either. 36 - 40 MPG, keeps on going. Only complaint is they were both kinda noisy, but I found out a different set of tires can cure a lot of that. I understand Mazda has addressed this issue in later model 3's.

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
My perception of Nissan has declined a great deal over the years. At one time I held them in high regard like I do Toyota and Honda. Those days are long gone.

Reactions: JackShephard

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Nissan destroyed a great company when they bought out Datsun. Datsun was some damn good rides.
It's funny too because many of those listed companies are the same company.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but this seems like a chart trying to utilize and convey too much information and failing to be really useful as a result.

TESLA being the only new manufacturer seems to make its info practically irrelevant?

I'm also unclear after reading the description how they distinguish between nomads and loyalists.

Last edited:
Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
We have a Mazda CX5 which we bought new in 2020. It is a great vehicle and has a bit of luxury feel to it when inside. It is our first Mazda. Previously we drove mostly Toyotas We have owned 3 Avalons and loved all of them…wish we had another in addition to the Mazda. Our second ride is a 19 Ridgeline. It is great, too. Neither of our rides have been in the repair shop. Our best looking ride is in ann enclosed shed and hardly sees the light of day. It is a 1987 Chevrolet Silverado SWB with 350 engine..all original and pristine! We will buy Mazda and Honda again.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Nissan was fine for a while. They

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but this seems like a chart trying to utilize and convey too much information and failing to be really useful as a result.

TESLA being the only new manufacturer seems to make its info practically irrelevant?

I'm also unclear after reading the description how they distinguish between nomads and loyalists.
Felt that way a bit to me. The one and done outlier in Dodge stood out to me. Tesla is alone top left but doesn't mean so much because they obviously have a lot of first time buyers because they are "new" by comparison.

patdog

May 28, 2007

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Felt that way a bit to me. The one and done outlier in Dodge stood out to me. Tesla is alone top left but doesn't mean so much because they obviously have a lot of first time buyers because they are "new" by comparison.
And I thought that was informative at first, but if you click through it sort of talks about brands not offering a lot of models can reduce their one and done be entering more segments (like 3 row SUVs). Dodge not offering a lot of models makes that basically meaningless for them, at least in comparison to others.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login