OT: Interesting gaming stats

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Even though I game, I'm surprised by my (GenX) generation and older being as high as they are.

1694805842556.png

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Does this count, like, mawmaw playing mahjong on a phone? Otherwise that Boomer number seems mighty high.

Reactions: mcdawg22

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
that Boomer number seems mighty high.

I was thinking the same. I'm on the older end of the Boomer bracket and I can't name 1 person in that category I know that owns a gaming system, myself included, much less would even want to.
It must be hereditary because my Millennial and my Gen Z kids are the same, they've never owned any gaming equipment or had any interest in it

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
El Diablo Dancing GIF by Skywind Group
pong GIF
video games 80s GIF by RETRO-FIEND
pac man GIF by haydiroket (Mert Keskin)
trees running away GIF by South Park
Super Mario Nintendo GIF
world of warcraft wow GIF
Cowboys GIF by EA SPORTS MADDEN NFL

Last edited:
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
They don't describe what their definition of gaming is so data means very little to me. If candy crush is considered gaming I believe the numbers, so many women play that or something similar. Words with friends, whatever that one where you try to guess the word? Those could all be classified video games.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Does this count, like, mawmaw playing mahjong on a phone? Otherwise that Boomer number seems mighty high.
This looks like something put together for a pitchbook or something so I am guessing they went out of their way to include anything with pixels that they can theoretically make money off of.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I was thinking the same. I'm on the older end of the Boomer bracket and I can't name 1 person in that category I know that owns a gaming system, myself included, much less would even want to.
It must be hereditary because my Millennial and my Gen Z kids are the same, they've never owned any gaming equipment or had any interest in it
I'm almost 60 and don't know anyone close to my age who "games."

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login