OT: Iron Claw Trailer

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
That is going to be depressing as all get out but probably a very good movie. Anyone who knows the story knows it’s gonna get dark.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I rewatched it and popped for The Fabulous Freebirds. They got their look down pretty good.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
That is going to be depressing as all get out but probably a very good movie. Anyone who knows the story knows it’s gonna get dark.
Yeah, it's a weird feeling to be kind of hype for a movie that's 100% going to be heartbreaking.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It's going to capture the darkness, but it definitely captures what wrestling was like at that time. It looks like they've done a great job capturing how rough it was on your body at that point in the wrestling world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawgg

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I saw this last night. Pretty good movie, but you could really feel how low the budget was, it seemed.

Kevin and Kerry were both over 6”, and that was hard for me to get past. Both the actors are way shorter. Kevin was a wiry son of a gun, and Zac Efron isn’t. And that bowl cut hairdo did no justice to Kevin’s hair…. Seems like all they got right for Kerry WAS the hair.

Still, it was very nostalgic watching it. I knew all the wrestlers, and the Fabulous Freebirds were dead ringers when shown from a distance. It was pretty true to everything I remember about their story, minus a glaring omission of a family member.

I’d recommend seeing it, for sure.

7Dust

Sep 1, 2023
I saw this last night. Pretty good movie, but you could really feel how low the budget was, it seemed.

Kevin and Kerry were both over 6”, and that was hard for me to get past. Both the actors are way shorter. Kevin was a wiry son of a gun, and Zac Efron isn’t. And that bowl cut hairdo did no justice to Kevin’s hair…. Seems like all they got right for Kerry WAS the hair.

Still, it was very nostalgic watching it. I knew all the wrestlers, and the Fabulous Freebirds were dead ringers when shown from a distance. It was pretty true to everything I remember about their story, minus a glaring omission of a family member.

I’d recommend seeing it, for sure.
The guy they got to play Flair was SNL type bad....

7Dust

Sep 1, 2023
If Kerry doesn't have his crash in 86...it would have been him and not Warrior who took the belt off Hogan at WM6.Magnum TA's crash was a hit to wrestling around that time also....Gino Hernandez was another.

That was three massive stars who would have made it big in the WWF(Kerry did have a short IC run).

Last edited:
Reactions: eckie1

civildawg88

Aug 22, 2012
You’ve got to think it’s really hard to get someone who can play Flair.

I mean there’s only one of that guy.
Just saw it and the von Erich's were before my time but Flair was bad. They should have just ran the original promo

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login