OT: Is Jack a ghost in this movie?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
There is no original thinking in Hollywood left anymore. Everything is a remake or adaptation. If this is real.
Without looking, I'm assuming this was april fools. Really have come to dislike April fools. There are just so many hoaxes everyday on the internet, you don't really need a day designated to do more, and then unlike pre-internet april fools jokes, the hoaxes keep surviving for days if not weeks beyond April 1st.

/getoffmylawn

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Without looking, I'm assuming this was april fools. Really have come to dislike April fools. There are just so many hoaxes everyday on the internet, you don't really need a day designated to do more, and then unlike pre-internet april fools jokes, the hoaxes keep surviving for days if not weeks beyond April 1st.

/getoffmylawn
Especially with AI. It is going to take a lawsuit to stop it.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008

/getoffmylawn

I watched the clip. I was fooled. However, then I got upcoming movies suggested, and the real ones look pretty good.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008

/getoffmylawn
"Look, Charlie, let's face it.

We all know that April Fools Day is a big commercial racket.

It's run by a big Eastern syndicate, you know."

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Revolutionary Road + Great Gatsby + Wonder Wheel + A.I. (The software, not the movie with Hailey Joel Osment) = April Fool's
One other clue. In the movie Titanic she is an American with an American accent. In this clip she is speaking with a British accent. The actress is British.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Revolutionary Road + Great Gatsby + Wonder Wheel + A.I. (The software, not the movie with Hailey Joel Osment) = April Fool's

I thought I recognized Shutter Island as well, but couldn't recall who played his wife in that movie.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yeah, I was letting the movie studios' decisions today influence my thinking. I put it this way: every movie this year is a remake or adaptation except Four Movies.

No joke, only four.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yeah, I was letting the movie studios' decisions today influence my thinking. I put it this way: every movie this year is a remake or adaptation except Four Movies.

No joke, only four.
Only 4 for the whole year arent a remake or adaptation? Eh...

Setting that questionable claim aside, you are actually complaining about sequels? If so, its an entirely new movie with a new plotline. Yeah it may use characters that were already part of a movie story, but that hardly seems like something to complain about as a recent issue or even at all.
Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter series, etc etc.
Tell me you also complain when books are a series.

Lisa Frankenstein, Kraven the Hunter, and Madame Web all qualify as part of your complaint even though they are about a characters that havent been in movies and are new stories.
If movies with new main characters and new stories is what is being complained about, life is pretty damn good.

As for sequels being complained about, if you really dont like the fact that Deadpool 3 will be released soon because its a continuation of a great series, I feel bad for you.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

No joke, only four.
Just off the top of my head, The Holdovers and Poor Things aren't remakes or adaptations. I struggle to believe there are only 2 more.

That said, YES there are too many remakes/etc.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login