OT: It's hotter than . . . (your favorite expression here)

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Hotter than two rats 17ing in a wool sock.
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

dogmatic001

Sep 30, 2022
Hottest I have ever been in my life was State playing at Memphis in 2000. Real temperature was 100+. The heat index had to be over 110. Very few clouds to give any shade during the game.

Same here. I tell people that's the hottest I've ever been while sitting still. The empty aluminum seats reflected up at us as the sun beat down. People were falling out in the crowd.

Reactions: onewoof

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Gotta go with the two rats 17ing in a wool sock. Always my favorite, as it is for several others here. Back in the day, I worked for a guy who built houses. I worked for him during the summers when I was in school, and I worked for him when I was out of school during Christmas breaks. I remember working for him one summer on a huge (11,000 sq ft) house putting insulation in the attic-that’s the hottest environment I’ve ever experienced. There was an older black man on the crew who always wore a long-sleeved shirt every day during the summer. I thought he was nuts. He told me that the long-sleeved shirt kept him from getting the “itch” associated with the Fiberglas insulation and also kept him cool. The next day I brought a long-sleeved shirt with me just to try. He was right-once I started to sweat, the moisture (I guess) on my skin kept me cool. To this day if I’m working outside in the heat I often wear a long-sleeved shirt and a hat outside. It really works-I would never have believed it. That old man (Alton Green) is long gone, but he taught me something that I’ll always remember…

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
Gotta go with the two rats 17ing in a wool sock. Always my favorite, as it is for several others here. Back in the day, I worked for a guy who built houses. I worked for him during the summers when I was in school, and I worked for him when I was out of school during Christmas breaks. I remember working for him one summer on a huge (11,000 sq ft) house putting insulation in the attic-that’s the hottest environment I’ve ever experienced. There was an older black man on the crew who always wore a long-sleeved shirt every day during the summer. I thought he was nuts. He told me that the long-sleeved shirt kept him from getting the “itch” associated with the Fiberglas insulation and also kept him cool. The next day I brought a long-sleeved shirt with me just to try. He was right-once I started to sweat, the moisture (I guess) on my skin kept me cool. To this day if I’m working outside in the heat I often wear a long-sleeved shirt and a hat outside. It really works-I would never have believed it. That old man (Alton Green) is long gone, but he taught me something that I’ll always remember…
That’s why cowboys usually wear long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and hats with wide brims even when it’s hot outside. It works.

Reactions: Eleven Bravo
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login