OT: James Harden traded to Sixers for Ben Simmons

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Other players involved, too, but those guys are the centerpieces.

Trade is Ben Simmons, Seth Curry, Andre Drummond, and two first round picks for Harden

Last edited:

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

Trade is Ben Simmons, Seth Curry, Andre Drummond, and two first round picks for Harden

This is the Auburn-head-football-coaching-search of NBA trades - just swapping out one set of problems for another.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

Is Ben Simmons really the centerpiece? I know he's paid a lot and has a lot of natural ability, but at this point, is he really the centerpiece of the expensive cap hit that the Nets are willing to take in order to get Curry, Drummond, and two first round picks?

I don't pay attention to the NBA much so that may be a stupid question, but I would think his contract and his attitutde and lockerroom presence make nim a liability.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Is Ben Simmons really the centerpiece? I know he's paid a lot and has a lot of natural ability, but at this point, is he really the centerpiece of the expensive cap hit that the Nets are willing to take in order to get Curry, Drummond, and two first round picks?

I don't pay attention to the NBA much so that may be a stupid question, but I would think his contract and his attitutde and lockerroom presence make nim a liability.

Simmons is a prodigious talent. One team's garbage is another team's treasure. And let's not forget - James Harden is pretty damn toxic himself. This is the second team in two years he's begged to trade him. He's very soft and temperamental.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Simmons is an elite talent and defers to others for scoring. Not too sure about the lockerroom talent claim- by all accounts with the 76ers, he tried to fit in and not stand out. This current season's drama has even been quiet- he doesnt talk about it and he has been at team practices and whatnot for almost this whole season, he just doesnt say anything. If he is a caner, it is not really an active team cancer in the traditional way we think.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I’m just happy the Grizzlies did not make any moves. Absolutely no need to mess up the chemistry they have going right now

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’ve never seen a team be as close as those guys are on and off the court. They’re always together.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020

Simmons sitting out because he had “mental health” issues that magically were cured the moment he was traded to the Nets should get more press. That’s a level of bull**** I can’t even describe and is an absolute kick in the junk to people who are actually having mental health issues.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Simmons sitting out because he had “mental health” issues that magically were cured the moment he was traded to the Nets should get more press. That’s a level of bull**** I can’t even describe and is an absolute kick in the junk to people who are actually having mental health issues.

Yup. The NBA players association negotiated to make sure players didn't lose pay for mental health issues any more than they would for injuries. Really does suck to take advantage of that.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

More press than it has already received? 17ing really? Its been overly documented and discussed to death at this point.

'Mental health' is a wide ranging term and can mean more than what you consider legitimate. Simmons has, on multiple times, said he doesnt feel safe with the 76ers. That is a comment that is open to wide interpretation, but if he is traumatized to the point of not feeling comfortable enough to work, then thats reality.

^I am not defending him, I am simply explaining a viewpoint that has been well documented.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
More press than it has already received? 17ing really? Its been overly documented and discussed to death at this point.

'Mental health' is a wide ranging term and can mean more than what you consider legitimate. Simmons has, on multiple times, said he doesnt feel safe with the 76ers. That is a comment that is open to wide interpretation, but if he is traumatized to the point of not feeling comfortable enough to work, then thats reality.

^I am not defending him, I am simply explaining a viewpoint that has been well documented.
View attachment 23852

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login