OT: Just a question

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
What can I do about a ****** apartment landlord who has not fixed a/c for two weeks now? I'm about to show up on his steps and likely go to jail. Prefer to avoid that. Tenant is stuck because there are no apartment openings outside of even worse situations. Have I told you lately what a shzt hole Meridian is? It's a pathetic place. It really is.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
Just a start..
ETA: Had an issue years ago with a threatened eviction, mostly BS because the owner had a third party lying to us, that caused a good bit of research. Didn’t realize a/c wasn’t a priority in the law, especially this time of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Cooterpoot

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Write a letter and mail it stating you withhold 50% of your monthly rent until it's fixed. Do that every month.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Buy a window unit.
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Reactions: aTotal360

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
What can I do about a ****** apartment landlord who has not fixed a/c for two weeks now? I'm about to show up on his steps and likely go to jail. Prefer to avoid that. Tenant is stuck because there are no apartment openings outside of even worse situations. Have I told you lately what a shzt hole Meridian is? It's a pathetic place. It really is.
Has anyone ever told you that you are a ****** person. Yes....you really are.

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
Call the meridian star and the television station. They will have or should have a consumer advocate reporter working there. Let them do some of the heavy work. If that doesn’t work, then more drastic means may have to transpire.
also call the local DA and state AG. It’s an election year.

if you know where the landlord lives, bomb his place with “liquid @ss”

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Ms code 89-8-15 is your guide. (This is not legal advice please consult with your attorney)

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
Take a dump on the landlords truck hood. Then tell him the cleanup isn’t covered under renters code 862-64-1. Nothing worse than a dirt bag. Teach him a lesson. Just don’t go to jail over it, but walk that fine line

• Haha
Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
yep start claming heat related illness caused by landlord neglect, put that in writing and mail it

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Take a dump on the landlords truck hood. Then tell him the cleanup isn’t covered under renters code 862-64-1. Nothing worse than a dirt bag. Teach him a lesson. Just don’t go to jail over it, but walk that fine line

Duct tape this on the hood next to your "leavings":

1691764371458.png

• Haha
Reactions: DawgsGoneWild

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
A lot of open questions here. Does the landlord do his own repairs? Has he communicated with you on the situation? Trying to find a HVAC contractor in Meridian in the middle of a super hot summer that is not backed logged will not be easy. Is the A/C outage just the tenant's apt. or the whole building? When was the last time the filter(s) were changed as air flow may be restricted. If you haven't done it yet, I recommend a visit to the tenant's apartment to assess the problem personally to fully understand the issue.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login