OT - Just finished Avatar The Way of Water

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
easily one of the worst movies of all time. Three hours? WTF? I'm not a quitter, that may be my biggest weakness.

Last edited:

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Just finished 3 hours of Oppenheimer. Was ok. Not action packed or with drama, but very educational.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
easily one of the worst movies of all time. Three hours? WTF? I'm not a quitter, that may be my biggest weakness.
The subtext of both Avatar movies as a way for Cameron to make political statements is the biggest disappointment.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I fell asleep watching it at the theater. It was one of those with cozy recliners and beer, so mix in a bad movie and I was out. I almost made it the whole way, tho. Only missed about 45 minutes.****

• Haha
Reactions: greenbean.sixpack

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
It’s meh, but I’m a sucker for gorgeous water movies. Moana, The Beach, Avatar. I could watch it with the sound off.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I watched Avatar 2 since it was free to watch on the Disney app.
I got my money's worth.

Didn't hate it, but never felt involved or passionate about the outcome.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If you’re talking about colonial era politics, I guess. It’s pretty much just Dances with Wolves, with aliens.
I like the first one the first time I saw it a little less every time I've seen it since. I have never seen Avatar 2. Oppenheimer surprise me because it is a deeper movie than it first appears to be.

Reactions: eckie1

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Speaking of long movies. Watched Killers of The Flower Moon on Apple. Pretty good but it should have been a series or cut an hour off of it. It drags in the middle to me. Once Todd shows up then it felt rushed. DiCaprio is awesome and it weirdly has several musicians cast in key roles.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
I know this isn’t the ideal board for Oscar discussions, but I usually try to get through all best pictures nominees every year. Have seen half so far, enjoyed The Holdovers a little more than oppenheimer and flower moon. American Fiction is still in theater, but worth seeing when it streams. Every year there a couple that I know are going to be almost impossible to get through (this year that is Maestro), but there are always a couple good ones I wouldn’t have watched otherwise.

Reactions: eckie1

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I saw it at an MXT theatre in 3D and sat pretty close to the screen. So it was fully immersive where it felt like I was swimming with the fishes. That was cool.

I did not like the story because it was just the typical humans are bad. Cameron had seemed to forget that he is a human.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
I saw it at an MXT theatre in 3D and sat pretty close to the screen. So it was fully immersive where it felt like I was swimming with the fishes. That was cool.

I did not like the story because it was just the typical humans are bad. Cameron had seemed to forget that he is a human.
Agree on Avatar 2, saw it in 3D and haven’t had any urge to watch it again.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I know this isn’t the ideal board for Oscar discussions, but I usually try to get through all best pictures nominees every year. Have seen half so far, enjoyed The Holdovers a little more than oppenheimer and flower moon. American Fiction is still in theater, but worth seeing when it streams. Every year there a couple that I know are going to be almost impossible to get through (this year that is Maestro), but there are always a couple good ones I wouldn’t have watched otherwise.
Not the ideal board for Oscar discussion? How dare you, sir.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I first watched the original 3-4 years ago. After hearing about it for years and seeing all the stuff at animal kingdom, it was not at all what I was expecting…

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login