OT Lawrenceburg, IN

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Anyone know much about the place? I’ll be flying into Cincinnati, to stay a weekend with a friend who is also new to the area, the Friday before the UK game and leave back Sunday. Wanna find something to do and somewhere to watch the game.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Anyone know much about the place? I’ll be flying into Cincinnati, to stay a weekend with a friend who is also new to the area, the Friday before the UK game and leave back Sunday. Wanna find something to do and somewhere to watch the game.

It's been 5 years since but lived in the area for 25 years. Given you are basically in Cincinnati is there something special/important about Lawrenceburg? As a start, I'd say take a right versus a left coming out of the airport.

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012
My “friend,” is a female and we are limited on time.

Then take her to Lexington and do something else. Tour a distillery. Then go hang out in the Paddock at Keeneland for a couple of hours and finish it off with dinner at the Blue Heron.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
She lives in Lawrenceburg. I wasn’t sure until last night just how close it was to Cincy

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Then take her to Lexington and do something else. Tour a distillery. Then go hang out in the Paddock at Keeneland for a couple of hours and finish it off with dinner at the Blue Heron.

Oh he wants to do something alright. Just not that.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
She lives in Lawrenceburg. I wasn’t sure until last night just how close it was to Cincy

Seems like your options are pretty straight forward, prioritized below in order of relative horny-ness:

1) Stay in Lawrenceburg and watch the game at the lady’s house. Grill her some steaks or some ****. Most available time for other activities before / after, or hell, maybe even during (after all it’s just Bowling Green).

2) Go to Cincy. Eat and drink well. You can do Italian or Brazilian steakhouse or sushi or whatever you want, really. Plenty of good night life in Newport / Covington on Kentucky side, Over-the-Rhine area on Cincy side, and also Mt. Adams / downtown Cincy. Snag a hotel room downtown on Sat night if the situation dictates it to be so. Uber back to Lawrenceburg otherwise. Some flexibility here.

3) Go to Lexington or Louisville. Plenty of options both places just like Cincy, but a farther drive and you’re probably looking at hotel on Saturday night for sure unless you’re just not drinking. Both are farther away than Cincy, but each is definitely a more “southern” city than Cincinnati…if that means anything to you.

I can’t imagine you are going to find much of anything in Lawrenceburg that is worth centering your evening or your weekend around. But if you must stay there and still go out, just pull up Yelp or tripadvisor and see where the hot spots are.

Last edited:

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
If you don’t go to the game - Louisville is my suggestion. The town has a ton of restaurants and entertainment. Ed Lee has several places around town which have always been good. There are several neighborhoods (Bardstown Road, Market Street, etc.) where you can easily kill an evening.

The Seelbech is a neat hotel downtown. F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote the Great Gatsby while staying there. There’s a really nice Embassy right across the street too. If you didn’t want to spend much on a hotel, there’s plenty of Hampton’s and Springhill Suites around town too.

There’s nightlife downtown on ‘4th Street Live’, but it’s a bit of a tourist trap, IMO. If you’re into bourbon - it’s basically Mecca.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login