OT: Longmire

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Just started binge watching this show. It was recommended to me many years ago, but never gave it a shot. It's pretty damn good. I've only watched 3 seasons so far, so don't spoil it.

I can't help thinking that the producers/writers of Yellowstone saw this and thought that's a great premise let's do something similar, but on steroids.

I also learned that Major Dad actor, Gerald McRaney is from Collins, MS and graduated from OM.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Great series! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I assume you have already watched Justified?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Just started binge watching this show. It was recommended to me many years ago, but never gave it a shot. It's pretty damn good. I've only watched 3 seasons so far, so don't spoil it.

I can't help thinking that the producers/writers of Yellowstone saw this and thought that's a great premise let's do something similar, but on steroids.

I also learned that Major Dad actor, Gerald McRaney is from Collins, MS and graduated from OM.
. He was also married to Delta Burke. She was a hotty when she was young. She was Miss Florida.

Last edited:

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Love Longmire, my wife even loved it. I don’t really think there is anything to spoil, it just evolves over time.

BigDogFan

Oct 12, 2016
Longmire was very good. I would have liked it to end a little differently. McRaney is not a veteran and is still married to Delta Burke.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Great series! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I assume you have already watched Justified?

I have not yet watched Justified. I've seen some clips on youtube. I need to find that one next. I don't think I've disliked anything Olyphant has been in.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Can second the Longmire and Justified recommendations. Dark Winds on AMC has Zahn McClarnon from Longmire and is really good too.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008

Such a great show

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

Before Major Dad, McRaney was on Simon & Simon, then much later he was the bad guy on House of Cards. Good actor. I always thought I liked him and wanted him to do well because he was from MS... until I met him. Unfortunately, he's an *sshole in real life. I guess that could be said for a lot of people.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Longmire was very good. I would have liked it to end a little differently. McRaney is not a veteran and is still married to Delta Burke.
Well he still gets his off on 22 year-old stewardesses with daddy issues

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

Yup. There was a big sign going through Collins on 49 that said Home of Gerald McRaney, I can’t remember if it’s still up.
Serious Question, who has the worst murder rate? Absaroka County, Wy, Sparta, MS, or the Murder She Wrote town?

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
For anyone interested there is an annual festival in Buffalo, WY. Called Longmire Days. Basically I think is about a 3 day drunk. My wife and I timed a western trip to coincide with it a couple of years ago but it was cancelled that year due to Covid. Most of the actors are there meeting fans and signing autographs. It has been in September recent years but I don’t know about 2023.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004

You obviously have never driven on Hwy 49. Collins is proud of Mr. Raney.

Reactions: mcdawg22

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
Yup. There was a big sign going through Collins on 49 that said Home of Gerald McRaney, I can’t remember if it’s still up.
Serious Question, who has the worst murder rate? Absaroka County, Wy, Sparta, MS, or the Murder She Wrote town?
Every time I watch these shows I’m thinking the same thing - there’s no dam way there’s this much crime in this town

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We just re-watched it ourselves. We always do during the summer when we're looking for something to watch on television I almost fainted to when my wife said, ?I'll be glad when football gets started so we have something other than Gordon Ramsay." We started watching The Night Agent simply because there was no one on that show I've ever seen before. I'll let you know how it goes this weekend while the wifey is off work for a weekend

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
We just re-watched it ourselves. We always do during the summer when we're looking for something to watch on television I almost fainted to when my wife said, ?I'll be glad when football gets started so we have something other than Gordon Ramsay." We started watching The Night Agent simply because there was no one on that show I've ever seen before. I'll let you know how it goes this weekend while the wifey is off work for a weekend

That's a decent show. Went through it a few weeks ago.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Has anyone watched Endeavor. My wife and I enjoy British television so we thought we'd try it out. We've thoroughly enjoyed it. We only have 2 episodes left and have enjoyed every one so far.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I am watching Pickett right now. We started it a week or so back. It just bugs me so the lack of knowledge about guns in that show. You deserve to die hunting bad guys in Bear country with a bolt action .22. It is just SOOOOOO STOOOPID.
The shows based on the books don't do Pickett justice. I felt the same about the big sky show based on the authors other books on Cody Hoyt and Cassie Dewell. CJ Box is a great writer but the screen adaptations have slacked.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I am watching Pickett right now. We started it a week or so back. It just bugs me so the lack of knowledge about guns in that show. You deserve to die hunting bad guys in Bear country with a bolt action .22. It is just SOOOOOO STOOOPID.

Never ceases to amaze me how 17'n clueless most shows/movies are when it comes to accurate depictions of hunting. It would take one decent consultant to get hunting scenes right, but instead they present some seriously stupid scenarios. Two examples from my memory...

- An episode of CSI Miami featuring a grizzly bear attack in the Florida Everglades. A grizzly bear, in the Everglades...

- A deer hunting scene in Ozark where a group is stalking through the woods jabbering away, gunshots are heard in the distance about every 10 seconds, and of course they sneak up on an oblivious whitetail with this genius method.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That's a decent show. Went through it a few weeks ago.
I just finished it and it was a really good series. There are plans already for a night agent season two in 2024. I guess it's all dependent upon actorwriter strike. I'm guessing it's going to be Jack Ryan/Jack reacher without him being a superhero of sorts, which is fine with me. It's great to see your hero be just a good guy.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Never ceases to amaze me how 17'n clueless most shows/movies are when it comes to accurate depictions of hunting. It would take one decent consultant to get hunting scenes right, but instead they present some seriously stupid scenarios. Two examples from my memory...

- An episode of CSI Miami featuring a grizzly bear attack in the Florida Everglades. A grizzly bear, in the Everglades...

- A deer hunting scene in Ozark where a group is stalking through the woods jabbering away, gunshots are heard in the distance about every 10 seconds, and of course they sneak up on an oblivious whitetail with this genius method.
Yeah and how many times must they wrack a shotgun without ever firing it? No wonder why the writers had to go on strike, because they have no clue when it comes to guns, hunting, fishing, etc.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018

I always heard he was from Tomnolen, MS, lil’ dot on the map West of Eupora there off Hwy 82?

99jc

Jul 31, 2008
For anyone interested there is an annual festival in Buffalo, WY. Called Longmire Days. Basically I think is about a 3 day drunk. My wife and I timed a western trip to coincide with it a couple of years ago but it was cancelled that year due to Covid. Most of the actors are there meeting fans and signing autographs. It has been in September recent years but I don’t know about 2023.
i used to live South of Buffalo we went when the show was popular she had a great time i dont rememder much.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
i used to live South of Buffalo we went when the show was popular she had a great time i dont rememder much.
Neat area. Did an Antelope hunt south of there around Shawnee 3 years ago. Rockin 7 Ranch. It’s NE of the Glendo Reservoir. Great people. We had planned to go back this year for mule deer but point creep got us on being able to draw a tag.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login