OT: Luka Doncic

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Is this behavior justified, or is he soft as baby shlt?

Sawft. It's becoming more and more common in the NBA players to ask for heckling fans to be removed. I hate that trend.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
he soft as baby ****.... but I would take him any day. That dude can ball!
I don't think he's going to age well. He's lazy and doesn't take care of his body. He looks out of shape at times. He's like a lot of these young superstars in the NBA.....they've been "THE MAN" since they were in high school and college and they're divas who think they know everything or are too good to be coached.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
He's soft and complains to refs on every play. He's going to run his course in Dallas people are already turning on his whiny arse.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Apparently I don't know ball. I have watched him play and he can be a monster to defend but I do not watch much NBA any longer.

I got tired of lack walking calls on superstars and lack fouls called vs them as well. It's a joke, it is not a fair competition to me.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I got lost when they let MJ hook the defender with his off arm and force himself around them. You can't just take your arm and hold the other player while you go around him. It was different looking but make no mistake, it was a foul that never got called on him and then it got worse.

What's crazy is MJ was great, he didn't even need that move to be great. Then AI double dribbled every time he touched the ball as do lots of guys. The NBA became a joke to me a long time ago.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I don't see how that is grounds for a fan being ejected. If you are not saying anything that is threatening then he is breaking zero laws. He paid whatever unholy price a courtside seat costs and I don't see how he can be removed and lose that money because some little b!itch on the court has a sandy *** because his feelings were hurt. End of the day you play your game, go home, and county your millions of dollars you are paid to to play with an orange ball. Same goes for umpires in baseball games ejecting fans for calling their blind *** out for missing 5 pitches in a row.

Reactions: HRMSU

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Apparently I don't know ball. I have watched him play and he can be a monster to defend but I do not watch much NBA any longer.

I got tired of lack walking calls on superstars and lack fouls called vs them as well. It's a joke, it is not a fair competition to me.
Nobody said he sucks, so simmer down.

"I've watched him but I don't watch the NBA" is a helluva take, though.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Nobody said he sucks, so simmer down.

"I've watched him but I don't watch the NBA" is a helluva take, though.
Well, I just saw a few clips on sports center and I still try to watch it, I do love basketball.

When I was a kid basketball was king in my home town and Ioved me some sky hooks and Dr J was mesmerizing and before that Bill Russell and his attitude toward winning basketball.

Bill Russell once said that he couldn't stand how kids today slapped blocks out of bounds and then flexed. He says that is stupid. What good is it to block it if you don't get it back. Now, you have to defend again. He blocked shots by tipping the bottom of the ball and knocking it upward and grabbing it. That was by design.

If you care to see it... there is an old video with a few legends I loved. Notice in the demonstration he taps it away and gets it.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
The game has just changed so much it's not familiar to me but I still watch a few games a year and Doncic is one of those guys that even casual fans have seen. Don't aske me any of his teammates names..... maybe Kyrie has gone to play with him?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Well, I just saw a few clips on sports center and I still try to watch it, I do love basketball.

When I was a kid basketball was king in my home town and Ioved me some sky hooks and Dr J was mesmerizing and before that Bill Russell and his attitude toward winning basketball.

Bill Russell once said that he couldn't stand how kids today slapped blocks out of bounds and then flexed. He says that is stupid. What good is it to block it if you don't get it back. Now, you have to defend again. He blocked shots by tipping the bottom of the ball and knocking it upward and grabbing it. That was by design.

If you care to see it... there is an old video with a few legends I loved. Notice in the demonstration he taps it away and gets it.

Nobody swats balls out of bounds and flexes anymore, it’s a scramble for the ball. It’s not 2005 anymore.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
- To me, the comment in question doesnt seem to justify removing a fan. It justifies arena staff telling the person to take 20% off and leave it at that.
- Luka said the fan was swearing at him the whole first half too and he ignored it for as long as he could. Take that for what its worth.
"He was cursing me the whole first half, too," said Doncic, who had 34 points, eight rebounds and nine assists in the loss, which Mavs co-star Kyrie Irving missed due to a sprained right thumb.

Asked why he didn't ask for the fan to be ejected during the first half, Doncic said: "Because I never would eject a fan. They paid for tickets, but I had enough. It's a little bit of frustration."

I think that what is acceptable as a fan at a game has changed over the last 25 years.
- Things like a sign claiming a guy 17ed JJ Redick's teen sister, chanting at Andre Dawkins about his tragically killed sister, or mocking NC State's Tyler Lewis right after his grandmother died were common in the 00s and early 10s. Not nearly as common now.
- Malice at the Palace in '04 helped show just how entitled some fans are and the fallout from that awful incident has definitely been felt in the years since when it comes to player/fan interactions.
- Its still perfectly acceptable to yell generalizations at players- 'airball' taunt, 'sitdown!' after fouling out, booing a player when they touch the ball in the minutes after they do something controversial, etc etc.

If Luka was being sworn at for an hour during the first half, thats pretty damn lame. That shouldnt be what the NBA wants for its product as a whole or for its players.
The fan said he chose to leave and wasnt kicked out, fwiw, but either way- if security just asks the fan to take 20% off, that would hopefully be a better resolution.
Luka complaining about the fan seems fine- players complain about 17ing everything so that isnt abnormal. A fan leaving over it?...yeah thats a bit much. That only happened because its Luka that complained. If Seth Curry or Dwight Powell complained?...well wants to target them for heckling, but if they did, I doubt anything would have been done by arena staff.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login