OT: Memphis continuing to Keep it Real

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

“It happens so frequently, I’m not even surprised,” Cannon said.
He said this is the fourth break-in at the shoe store since it opened back in March. The last one, he said, happened in the last few weeks.
According to the Memphis Police Department, the thieves loaded multiple cars and got away with more than $100,000 in inventory. However, Cannon said it’s not the merchandise he’s concerned about.

“We had a toy drive. We were trying to give away toys for unfortunate kids for the holidays, and they stole those. So that’s what hurt the most,” he said.

4th break in since March?!?
Took the toys donated for Christmas?!?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
This is not a dig. You are really, REALLY, out of touch.

Haha, OK.
'I'm not a racist, but...'
'No offense, but...'

It's cool, I figured someone would say what you said after I explained my prior comment.
I hope to never become numb to or expect to see burglary and behavior like this.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
Haha, OK.
'I'm not a racist, but...'
'No offense, but...'

It's cool, I figured someone would say what you said after I explained my prior comment.
I hope to never become numb to or expect to see burglary and behavior like this.
Lol. I left out any “buts” with the utmost care and purpose. Both sentences were sincere.

With that said, I’m still 50:50 on your account being a really long and drawn-out troll attempt. You’re that naive …. Or clever.

Last edited:

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The key there is you live in a really good neighborhood and you never watch anything but MSNBC. It is happening all over the country at least weekly if not daily. BTW, the southern border is wide open also in case you never heard about that.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The key there is you live in a really good neighborhood and you never watch anything but MSNBC. It is happening all over the country at least weekly if not daily. BTW, the southern border is wide open also in case you never heard about that.

I live in a middle class suburb that is Socioeconomic ally similar to a few of Jackson's suburbs. It is anything but gated.
I don't have cable and haven't ever watched an MSNBC show. Ever. I don't go to the website either, and not sure if that is as biased as the network is accused of being.

It's funny- I am accused of being naive, but the reality is that this isn't actually happening everywhere but where I live.
Show me anothrr shoe store that has been broken into 3 times in the last 8 months. That's insane and if anyone is numb to it, they need to reassess their situation because it shouldn't be the norm

What's the point in posting the story in the first place if this is the norm and happens everywhere? Posting an article about something that's business as usual would be odd.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
My tree farm has been broke into twice in the past year. I catch them with video surveillance, sound the alarm, and hope the sheriff’s deputies will actually show up. Same type hoodlums that raided the wal-mart. This is not an unusual occurrence in our part of the country. You live in a completely different environment.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Over 20 armed shoplifters hit Memphis walmart and some other store. They are closing some Walgreens in Jackson due to shoplifting. CVS and Walgreens leaving San Francisco and other parts of Cali thank to shoplifters. Philadelphia and Minnesota as well as Portland in the same situation. Idiots shooting people daily in Jackson plus these crazies at Walmart and the Gay club. It's getting worse and worse. Half the time the suspects are already on probation or have a rap sheet as long as my leg. But we are busy arguing about whether men can get 17ing pregnant??

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Is it possible to start an OT thread here without it devolving into political BS?

Control yourselves, damn.

Reactions: Fritz!

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
I live in a middle class suburb that is Socioeconomic ally similar to a few of Jackson's suburbs. It is anything but gated.
I don't have cable and haven't ever watched an MSNBC show. Ever. I don't go to the website either, and not sure if that is as biased as the network is accused of being.

It's funny- I am accused of being naive, but the reality is that this isn't actually happening everywhere but where I live.
Show me anothrr shoe store that has been broken into 3 times in the last 8 months. That's insane and if anyone is numb to it, they need to reassess their situation because it shouldn't be the norm

What's the point in posting the story in the first place if this is the norm and happens everywhere? Posting an article about something that's business as usual would be odd.
You’re right about one thing: it ain’t happening everywhere.

You're wrong, however, with your implied equivalency of “not surprising” to “expected” and “the norm.” Of course it’s not expected. Of course it’s not the norm, otherwise there’d literally be martial law as a requirement for businesses to exist. Or is that your judge of social success?

With every letter you type, you establish yourself more and more as just a caricature. With that, I’m out.

Last edited:
Reactions: M R DAWGS

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
This 17ing place.
Being surprised and saddened to see a store broken into 4 times in 8 months, and donated toys stolen in addition to merchandise, leads to a bunch of people criticizing being surprised and saddened.

What a forum.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
I dont expect that sort of behavior so when I see it, it’s just really sad to see.

The urban areas are devolving into chaos. Absolute chaos. And the leaders don’t apparently care. Not enough to do what has to be done anyway

if someone taking Christmas gifts from poor kids astounds you… you haven’t been alerted to too many things going on.

Jackson, Memphis, St Louis, Chicago, Baltimore, DC. All of them. Chaotic. In some schools in Baltimore.. if you have a 1.5 as a senior… you would be top of the class. Memphis residents are shooting at each other on I 240, Jackson doesn’t have reliable running water and “lost” 1,000,000 in Covid money. Major chains are closing in California cities because people can just walk out with 950 dollars of stolen merchandise with little to no consequences. People shutting down city streets to drag race. The National Guard hangar in Jackson has a jar where they keep bullets found when they walk the tarmac clearing debris. People in San Francisco leave their windows down to keep thieves from shattering their windows to go through their cars.

And apparently people are just fine with it. Washington DC just further eliminated cash bail on more offenses. The kicker with that? One of the people that were advocating for it was just killed in a DC street. People are just arrested and released. There have been murders and countless assaults nationwide from people who were recently released on cashless bail.

Someday they will get tired of it. Glad I don’t have to see it out here where I am.

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The other night a group blocked I240 in Memphis and did burn outs. They did this in Jackson a few months too. Here in Memphis a motorist told the news she called the cops. She was stuck on the interstate for 20 minutes behind this blockade and didn't see the cops show. The cops said they responded. I believe the lady. The cops can't do anything about it and they've quit even trying to do anything.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Happening everywhere. Rule of law is dying as we watch it. Gonna be every man for himself before long. Wait til the 5 million new illegal immigrants start filtering into our communities. If they can't find work in next year's recession, they will be forced to turn to crime to survive.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
You know, I don’t EXPECT that behavior either, because I EXPECT more of people. I know nobody here condones this behavior, but please don’t just shrug it off. I don’t really know what I can do other than be a mentor to young ones and let them know that I expect them to act like somebody and become somebody, not some coward who steals.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
The area of Memphis where his store is located has been bad for 20 plus years now. You can get cheap rent there, but if his shoe inventory was worth 100k, he was selling high end sneakers. Plenty of nonsense about sneakers all over, people starting fights, theft, etc.

A lot of businesses that built close to that area have moved or shut down because of the crime.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
This 17ing place.
Being surprised and saddened to see a store broken into 4 times in 8 months, and donated toys stolen in addition to merchandise, leads to a bunch of people criticizing being surprised and saddened.

What a forum.
It’s the new standard for many area. Reap what you sow.

Reactions: WilCoDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login