OT - Memphis Kidnapping

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I know it is game day, but any of you Memphis area folks have any theories on Friday's kidnapping? As we are playing Memphis, it is somewhat related.

I read were she was from a wealthy family and had just come into some money and her husband may have substance abuse problems (all unconfirmed). I didn't see where this has previously been posted.

https://twitter.com/ripple1026/status/1565855290985177090?s=21&t=IaX9hYEKdkq3TIwAGSx5MA

Last edited:

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I hadn’t seen that yet. 4:30am is an early time to be jogging

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
My theory

Elected officials in Memphis have been actively encouraging crime for almost 3 years by telling police officers to not get involved with criminals unless it is a violent crime in process. The city’s lack of effort to deter crime resulted the the TN governor telling the city to stay away from certain activities and he sent the state troopers in because the city would not handle things properly. Allowing “petty” crimes to go unchecked since the start of covid has emboldened “petty” criminals. The residents of Memphis just elected a DA who believes murderers shouldn’t go to jail. My theory is that criminals in Memphis have zero fear of the law and are going to do whatever they want. It’s going to get worse.

oxdawg

Mar 3, 2008
Apparently she’s a pretty good marathon runner and recently qualified for the Boston Marathon. They loaded their new Jeep Grand Cherokee on a wrecker last night and hauled it off. Not a lot of info right now.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Seems early, but she is a marathon runner. I’m not, but I’m assuming marathon runners run for a long time. She’s a junior kindergarten teacher and is probably at work early each day. She probably has to run early to get it in before getting her kids ready and getting to work.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Sounds like a different situation, but if going to Memphis, never forget about the two college students (male and female) that got snatched a few years ago. Both eventually killed after being raped and tortured over a few days period. Nothing but ******** being ******** in that case.

That was in East TN.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Elected officials in Memphis have been actively encouraging crime for almost 3 years by telling police officers to not get involved with criminals unless it is a violent crime in process. The city’s lack of effort to deter crime resulted the the TN governor telling the city to stay away from certain activities and he sent the state troopers in because the city would not handle things properly. Allowing “petty” crimes to go unchecked since the start of covid has emboldened “petty” criminals. The residents of Memphis just elected a DA who believes murderers shouldn’t go to jail. My theory is that criminals in Memphis have zero fear of the law and are going to do whatever they want. It’s going to get worse.

Soft on crime liberals are allowing animals to run unchecked and destroying this country

Feb 23, 2008
And they just elected a liberal to be the new D.A.

Memphis is just like Jackson. No one to blame but their own citizens for the types of trash they keep electing. Dig Hitler up, put a D next to his name on a ballot and he’s a shoe in.

Last edited:

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Memphis is just like Jackson. No one to blame but their own citizens for the types of trash they keep electing.

The conservative that just lost was only worried about her future political career. They offered plea deals to everyone just to make the conviction rate look good.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Alright political people calm down.
Hearing it was the husband
and the nanny lawyered up
Her family rich af husband coke head and they were separated

Feb 23, 2008
Of course she’s worried about her political career.

What elected D.A. isn’t? She wasn’t the best but if you think the new guy is going to change anything, I don’t know what to tell you.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Seems early, but she is a marathon runner. I’m not, but I’m assuming marathon runners run for a long time. She’s a junior kindergarten teacher and is probably at work early each day. She probably has to run early to get it in before getting her kids ready and getting to work.

Running that early is really common but I rarely see people out that early, especially women, who are alone. I run with a group several days a week and we start at 5am. The people who are out that time of morning who aren’t exercising are often crazy. We’ve seen a guy screaming at a woman who was walking in front of him (both looked all methed up), an old lady with dementia who was lost and we found her family, homeless people trying to get into our vehicles (one this week), and people pulling the “I need you to pay for my gas because I’m stranded” scam (yesterday). I live in a decent area. I can’t imagine the crap you’d see in Memphis at that time of the day. I wouldn’t run alone in the dark very often, if at all.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
What elected D.A. isn’t? She wasn’t the best but if you think the new guy is going to change anything, I don’t know what to tell you.

Nowhere did I say he was going to do better. He’s going to suck just as bad when it comes to keeping criminals where they belong.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
What’s your theory for the Wednesday

Alright political people calm down.
Hearing it was the husband
and the nanny lawyered up
Her family rich af husband coke head and they were separated
Kidnapping in Memphis? Or the three kids kidnapped Friday evening?

Where are you seeing the husband and Nanny lawyered up after the Friday morning kidnapping?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Saw a video the other day of a security camera. Woman was at a gas station filling her car, a white van pulls up and three men jump out. One goes around the front of the car, one around the back and one stands at the open door of the van. The woman pulls the gas nozzle out of the car and proceeded to spray all three with gas. I didn’t realize a gas nozzle would project that far but needless to say they left. She should have lit a match as they drove away.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Saw a video the other day of a security camera. Woman was at a gas station filling her car, a white van pulls up and three men jump out. One goes around the front of the car, one around the back and one stands at the open door of the van. The woman pulls the gas nozzle out of the car and proceeded to spray all three with gas. I didn’t realize a gas nozzle would project that far but needless to say they left. She should have lit a match as they drove away.

Only better ending would be if they had a small campfire inside

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
The police found the abduction vehicle

And have detained the occupant of the vehicle at the time they found it. The woman has not been found.

forestdepth

Feb 20, 2018

That’s incredible. Sucks she’s out hundreds of dollars now though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login