OT: Memphis

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Gonna check out the Redbirds at autozone park this weekend. Any recommendations on places to stay around that area?

Thanks

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
If you are a Hilton guy there is a Double Tree and Hilton Garden Inn right across the street from Autozone Park. They have valet parking in a secure lot. Either one of the two is where I stay when I'm downtown.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
If you are a Hilton guy there is a Double Tree and Hilton Garden Inn right across the street from Autozone Park. They have valet parking in a secure lot. Either one of the two is where I stay when I'm downtown.
Agree. The Peabody is also a block away if you want an historic experience.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Double Tree or Peabody. There are some nice VRBO’s in Midtown / Cooper-Young area if you want to get out of downtown too.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
They are a number of good places in walking distance.

The Hiltons mentioned. Marriott has 3 hotels on west Court Ave. they are nice.

Westin on 3rd if you got money.

Hyatt Centric on Beale.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Almost have to at least visit the Peabody grand lobby. It's magnificent. And if the Ducks are marching.....watch that too.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
They are a number of good places in walking distance.

The Hiltons mentioned. Marriott has 3 hotels on west Court Ave. they are nice.

Westin on 3rd if you got money.

Hyatt Centric on Beale.
Westin is usually priced comparably with the Hilton owned properties downtown. It was my go-to spot until they tried to 17 me with a cancellation fee, where I was clearly within the timeframes stated on my confirmation.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
All of your best options have been listed so far. Cant go wrong with the doubletree or the peabody

Nov 4, 2014
Parking is easy. Several lots across the street on the South side.

Know what you're doing if you go with AirBnB!

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Apparently there was an incident recently at the Peabody where some guests got trapped in the elevator and the hotel never assisted them. Several reviews about this recently:

"Would give 0 stars if I could. They left guests on a broken elevator for over an hour. They had to can 911 for themselves because the hotel did nothing. They did nothing to make the situation right either"

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Apparently there was an incident recently at the Peabody where some guests got trapped in the elevator and the hotel never assisted them. Several reviews about this recently:

"Would give 0 stars if I could. They left guests on a broken elevator for over an hour. They had to can 911 for themselves because the hotel did nothing. They did nothing to make the situation right either"
See that is pretty historic.

Herbert Nenninger

Feb 9, 2019
Some years ago, my wife mentioned to a few of her co-workers that we started off our honeymoon at the Peabody. One high class co-worker chimed in, “ugh, that place is so old. I heard there’s like ducks walking around in there.”

• Haha
Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
There's an old saying The Delta starts in Natchez and ends at The Peabody. Go check out the Duck Ceremony for sure but I'd actually choose what others have suggested for lodging.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Almost forgot, if you are an outdoorsman or water sports person, etc.......absolutely don't miss going to visit the Bass Pro Pyramid. You'll love it. An amazing feat by Bass Pro in how they converted a 20K basketball arena into a mega sales experience. And you don't have to buy anything to tour it.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Thanks for the recommendations. Had a blast. Stayed at the Hilton garden inn. Doesn’t get more convenient than that. Dakota Hudson got lit up. He’s fallen off a cliff. Jordan westburg happened to be playing for Norfolk. He’s having a great year.

For Cardinal fans, ran into James Naile at breakfast. Super nice guy and hard not to pull for him. Hope he gets called back up.

Also went axe throwing and did an escape room. Memphis escape rooms are well thought out and put together. Recommend them if you’re into that kind of stuff.

Reactions: hatfieldms

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Almost forgot, if you are an outdoorsman or water sports person, etc.......absolutely don't miss going to visit the Bass Pro Pyramid. You'll love it. An amazing feat by Bass Pro in how they converted a 20K basketball arena into a mega sales experience. And you don't have to buy anything to tour it.
This. They did a fantastic job giving it that swampy feel. I especially like the little ponds everywhere with all the bass, bream, etc. in them.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Jordan Westburg hits a HR in his first AB of the night. 5/27/23. Was hitting .303 w/12 hrs. Wow.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
There's an old saying The Delta starts in Natchez and ends at The Peabody. Go check out the Duck Ceremony for sure but I'd actually choose what others have suggested for lodging.

I believe you're thinking of this...

images (5).jpeg

It may not really start in Memphis at the Peabody, but it's close enough to make the quote reasonable.

But it definitely doesn't start (or end) in Natchez.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login