OT Mosquitoes

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Mosquitoes are worse this year than they have ever been. We have some in the house. I have never had any inside except for an occasional lone wolf. I have swarms all around my house.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Any suggestions on how to get rid of them, especially inside?

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
Mosquitoes are worse this year than they have ever been. We have some in the house. I have never had any inside except for an occasional lone wolf. I have swarms all around my house.

The state bird of Mississippi!

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I just put a steak on the grill and in the corner of my patio there are approximately 2 dozen mosquitoes swarming. I have never had it this bad.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Bifen IT in a fogger will change your life. I bought a fogger for my battery power tools set last year. I fog my yard twice a week as the mosquito season starts and then down to once every 10 days or so thereafter. I’ll hit it a few days before any outside party or cookout at my house as well just to be sure. It’s incredible.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Bifen IT in a fogger will change your life. I bought a fogger for my battery power tools set last year. I fog my yard twice a week as the mosquito season starts and then down to once every 10 days or so thereafter. I’ll hit it a few days before any outside party or cookout at my house as well just to be sure. It’s incredible.
what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
1-2 ounces per gallon at most. I only go up to 2 ounces if I’ve forgotten to fog for a while.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I’ve heard the same from others. I’m gonna look into this

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Bifen will take care of everything. Red wasps, ticks, all of it.

That’s not a spelling mistake, libs….

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
I’ve heard the same from others. I’m gonna look into this
It’s worth every damn penny, especially since a gallon lasts so long. And GOAT is right about the wasps. I fog the areas where I normally get wasps and haven’t had any for two summers.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

Worst on the Coast I've ever seen them. House flies too.

Reactions: Anon1664452745

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I just put a steak on the grill and in the corner of my patio there are approximately 2 dozen mosquitoes swarming. I have never had it this bad.
get rid of any standing stagnant water around your house. tires that may have water in them or anything that will hold water and get stagnant. breeding ground for skeeters.

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
Get rid of the water source. Bifen IT is the bomb and what I use for mosquitoes or anything outside, critter wise. I'm an exterminator.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
If you have tires laying around your house, mosquitos are probably the least of your worries!
I've driven just about every square inch of Mississippi and the South. It isn't that uncommon. From my experience. From pure trash, to rope swings, to farm tires. Yes, even in Madison county.

Reactions: HomeBoyDawg

GulfDawg

May 15, 2021

Worst ive ever seen them on the coast. Also I think the city has cut back on spraying. I used to see the spray truck at least twice a week and I haven’t seen it but twice this summer.

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
I don’t know how to post a link, but Google mosquito sniper. Turn your leaf blower and spray tank into a fogger.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
The key to bifen is spraying/fogging your yard the day after your neighbors do it. I used to let a couple of my neighbors borrow my 20 gallon pull behind sprayer with bifen xts. I noticed if I sprayed and they didn't, the skeeters would disappear for a couple of weeks. As soon as the neighbors sprayed, they'd come back.

After about a year one neighbor said he thought the bifen wasn't working as well and I told him it still worked great for me. When I moved I bequeathed him my sprayer and told him my trick of just spraying after he did.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Don't even need a fogger, a pump up sprayer works. You need to spray errything, plants, grass, tree leaves, fence, house walls and eves, etc.

I mix these:

ExciteR Contact Pyrethrin with Flushing action

Talak 7.9% Indoor/Outdoor Insect Control - Bifenthrin Concentrate (32 Ounce) by Atticus

Reactions: oxdawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I’m pretty sure I would have won gold in that event in the 1988 Olympics.
Word would spread fast in the hood I grew up in that the truck was in the vicinity. Somebody would see it blocks away from ours in another hood and we would all mount up on our bikes and go looking for it. Damn that stuff smelled good.
My family doctor has cows and horses and he says he dips them off and on all summer and mosquitos and ticks don't touch him from whatever it is that is residual on his skin days after dipping.

Last edited:

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Google says: bifen it side effects:

• Humans
    Side effects can include eye irritation, such as burning and itching, and nose and throat irritation, such as sneezing, coughing, and wheezing. Other side effects include headaches, dizziness, convulsions, tremors, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. Skin contact can cause tingling, itching, burning, or numbness, but these sensations are usually reversible and subside within 12 hours. The U.S. EPA classifies bifenthrin as a possible human carcinogen.
  • Animals
    Bifenthrin can be highly toxic to cats and dogs, especially when used improperly. In laboratory animals, exposure to high levels of bifenthrin can affect the nervous system, causing tremors. Animals exposed to very high levels of bifenthrin can also develop bladder cancer, but cancer is unlikely to occur at lower exposure levels.