OT - MS Coding Academy

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
I know one of the board members (MSU alum). It's a legit non profit operation to help close the tech gap in MS and help underprivileged kids (it's open to all I believe).

I don't know much other than what I've heard from him but I'd be on board with anything he's leading, great man. They've had a lot of success so far.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Is it a good route for a young person?

I’ve heard really good things about it. From what I understand, it’s a great opportunity for people who might not be able to make college work for whatever reason.

I think one of the computer science professors at State helped get it off the ground a few years back.

ETA - Found this. It’s a couple years old but it might be helpful.

Last edited:

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
It’s very good to get a base level of a skill and entry level work, which might be all someone needs or wants, but it also could propel into an associates degree from a CJC or a more highly specialized certificate/training on specific software/platform.

MSU is doing a ton of work in this area from k-12 curriculum, pathway agreements with CJCs, certificate training, the new bachelors of applied sciences and the new Cybersecurity and Technology Center built on base at Keesler in partnership with the Air Force

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Can you imagine the prom at that school?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login