OT: MSTR

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
MicroStrategy is now in the top 500 of US companies by market cap.

The U.S. Index Committee reviews companies to be included in the S&P 500 as needed. Millions of investors have exposure to the S&P 500 through various investment products.

Why it would be interesting if MSTR is added to the S&P 500: MicroStrategy has accumulated 193,000 BTC with no signs of stopping.

It would also be interesting if they avoid adding it to the index (for as long as possible) just to not give people exposure to bitcoin.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
MicroStrategy is now in the top 500 of US companies by market cap.

The U.S. Index Committee reviews companies to be included in the S&P 500 as needed. Millions of investors have exposure to the S&P 500 through various investment products.

Why it would be interesting if MSTR is added to the S&P 500: MicroStrategy has accumulated 193,000 BTC with no signs of stopping.

It would also be interesting if they avoid adding it to the index (for as long as possible) just to not give people exposure to bitcoin.

May have to adjust my outlook for BTC. It may become a Too Big To Fail industry.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
May have to adjust my outlook for BTC. It may become a Too Big To Fail industry.
when blackrock entered the game it settled it. bitcoin has no top because USD has no bottom

when mstr enters the s/p then all the boomers will be filling our bags. there’s still some time to buy the top in the 50s but not long

Last edited:

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Microstrategy is down 75% over the last 24 years. Michael Saylor is a 17ing crook. He cooked his books 25 years ago and the SEC busted him. That was the pin that popped dot com bubble. The shear number of people like him so deeply involved with BTC is it's biggest risk.

1000012969.png

Using MSTR as some kind of symbol for BTC is a really poor strategy.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Microstrategy is down 75% over the last 24 years. Michael Saylor is a 17ing crook. He cooked his books 25 years ago and the SEC busted him. That was the pin that popped dot com bubble. The shear number of people like him so deeply involved with BTC is it's biggest risk.

View attachment 533930

you do know it was a proxy for funds to
get btc exposure prior to etf approval? you do know that it is a no fee exposure to btc after etf approval? sounds like a pretty damn good strategy for people with money

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022

View attachment 533930

I agree: ETFs and proxy stocks carry too much counterparty risk. Just hold bitcoin directly.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
you do know it was a proxy for funds to
get btc exposure prior to etf approval? you do know that it is a no fee exposure to btc after etf approval? sounds like a pretty damn good strategy for people with money
You do understand that Michael Saylor committed investor fraud by knowingly inflating his company's financials in the late 90's. Bernie Ebbers and Ken Lay did the same thing but were unfortunate to be a few years later after the bubble burst and criminal charges were more en vogue... If Saylor had gotten away with it for a few more years, he'd have likely faced the same fate.

My assessment has nothing to do with Bitcoin itself. But more of the blinders that it's fanatics have by overlooking the past of someone like Michael Saylor and propping him up as some kind of Bitcoin messiah. Find a better poster boy. Saylor jumped on BTC in 2020 after he saw the post COVID frenzy... He's not a believer, he's a grifter.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
You do understand that Michael Saylor committed investor fraud by knowingly inflating his company's financials in the late 90's. Bernie Ebbers and Ken Lay did the same thing but were unfortunate to be a few years later after the bubble burst and criminal charges were more en vogue... If Saylor had gotten away with it for a few more years, he'd have likely faced the same fate.

My assessment has nothing to do with Bitcoin itself. But more of the blinders that it's fanatics have by overlooking the past of someone like Michael Saylor and propping him up as some kind of Bitcoin messiah. Find a better poster boy. Saylor jumped on BTC in 2020 after he saw the post COVID frenzy... He's not a believer, he's a grifter.
don’t really know taylors history prebtc and really don’t care. i do my own research but am comforted some that people like saylor and musk also reached the same conclusions that i have: governments are controlled by criminals and those criminals control the money

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login