OT: mute button

Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022

I think this is long overdue. I just hope it is timed and uniform.

It probably was intended to help Biden, but I actually think this helps Trump. Let viewers hear every word Biden says.

I think it will make Trump look less crazy compared to when he talks over Biden. Unless he just yells into a muted microphone lol.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Couldn’t agree more on helping Trump. But of course he’ll be debating 3 people and 2 of them won’t have mutable mics. Jake Tapper is a hack.

Reactions: bully 16

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Presidential debataes are foundational ly dumb. Vice Presidential debates are even dumberer.

There is 0 connection between how well someone inserts a few talking points and cheap insults during a debate, and how well they do as POTUS.
No president needs to debate others in real time. Every president has countless people at his side to help with details of every policy idea.

It's just theatrics. Its all just so each side can snip a few clips where the opponent doesn't do well, and slap em up on X for points.

What is needed is 20 minutes where each candidate can talk about whatever they want. One can attack the other's record or family or whatever. One can discuss general policy goals. One can discuss specific policy goals. Whatever they want to talk about they talk about, and then it ends.
People who tune in and want to see each candidate will have a better idea as to what they like and dislike about each candidate that way.

Even with no audience, I won't be surprised if cutting the mics doesn't stop the ranting and rambling tomorrow. Hopefully it will at least reduce the ranting and rambling.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Couldn’t agree more on helping Trump. But of course he’ll be debating 3 people and 2 of them won’t have mutable mics. Jake Tapper is a hack.
Why agree to the debate or the details, if it's really him debating 3 people? That makes no sense.

He has been working hard to lower expectations for a couple weeks now.
- claiming he hasn't prepped at all.
- claiming Biden is suddenly a good debater who can't be underestimated, even though for years he claimed Biden is incompetent and can't put sentences together.
- claiming Biden will do well because Biden will be drugged up.
- claiming he is debating 3 people.
Really setting the stage for if he bombs in the debate.

Whatever- I would almost rather watch that milf reality show where they date dads and sons.

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

Mts68

Aug 22, 2012
Why agree to the debate or the details, if it's really him debating 3 people? That makes no sense.

- claiming Biden is suddenly a good debater who can't be underestimated, even though for years he claimed Biden is incompetent and can't put sentences together.

Whatever- I would almost rather watch that milf reality show where they date dads and sons.
Why are you the way you are?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Why are you the way you are?
Seems like a pretty obvious question to ask.
If Trump felt it would be unfair, why did his camp agree to the details?
I mean, this was all negotiated.

Trump's first book was called 'The Art of the Deal'...but he is complaining about the deal he agree to.
That should be funny to everyone.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022

One moderator said after he was defeated in 2020, our long national nightmare is over.

The other was married to one of the 50 some odd intelligence experts who swore Hunter Biden’s laptop was Russian disinformation when it’s been proven it clearly was not.

i know you’re thing is to be willfully obtuse but give me a break.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
One moderator said after he was defeated in 2020, our long national nightmare is over.

The other was married to one of the 50 some odd intelligence experts who swore Hunter Biden’s laptop was Russian disinformation when it’s been proven it clearly was not.

i know you’re thing is to be willfully obtuse but give me a break.
The Trump campaign agreed to these moderators and set of rules. There is no room for any complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login