OT: Nashville

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Thought we were going to be off but now have last minute trip to Nashville to help a team out this weekend in a tournament.

Staying in Franklin - any recommendations? Food, other? Tonight or tomorrow night?

Would’ve gone to see Vandy but they’re at Ark I believe

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
There's a Cajun place in Franklin owned by a MSU alum. He was taking orders and bringing catered food to football games for a couple seasons but the name escapes me now. Anybody else remember?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
There's a Cajun place in Franklin owned by a MSU alum. He was taking orders and bringing catered food to football games for a couple seasons but the name escapes me now. Anybody else remember?

I do. I remember he had quite a following. I hope the shutdown didn't get him.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

I think he came from the Mississippi Coast? His dad maybe had Chappe's and then he opened up a restaurant in Fairhope and then Nashville?

I may be mixing up posters, and Chappe's does sound suspiciously like Cappe's in Starkville, so I may have that name wrong too.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
55 South is good one. I think the head chef or owner there is an OM guy, but when it comes to food, I don't discriminate.

Puckett's Grocery is good too. I've only eaten breakfast there.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
We ate there a few times a couple of years ago, great food. Small place in downtown Franklin. I may be wrong but I think he closed up a few years ago but I may be wrong. It’s worth a look. Venture over to Pucketts Grocery in Leiper Fork for lunch one day. Cool little town.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
I was there last week and his place isn’t there anymore - it hasn’t been in a couple of years I don’t think.
It was very good however.
I’d go to 55 South for dinner, Puckett’s and Tupelo Honey for lunch.
Have not been to Red Pony but it looked good from the outside.
May want to try that for dinner one night

Last edited:

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Red Pony & 55 South are downtown. Both are solid. I prefer Red Pony, but depends on the mood honestly.

Both are owned by the same Oxford folks.

Botch

Dec 1, 2021
If you’re staying in a hotel in Franklin then you’re probably in the Cool Springs area. Restaurants close to CS would be Brewhouse South, Jonathan’s, Honeysuckle, Tupelo Honey for brunch, Burger Up for burgers, etc. and Drakes. Downtown Franklin try Pucketts, Mafioso’s or Taco Loco. 55 South is meh and service is generally poor.

In Cool Springs there are 2 roads with several fast/casual spots…. Carothers Blvd and Cool Springs Blvd.

prdubya

Nov 29, 2017
Nashville dweller here… how mobile are you? Find a Monell’s. The main one is in Germantown area (near downtown) but they have several locations and it’s awesome southern food (family style like t. Dinner bell in Mccomb).

In Franklin Puckett’s is good. Cool Springs has every chain you can imagine. Not sure any good locals.

Are people thinking of Cajun steamer in Franklin? That’s the only Cajun place I’ve heard of down there but I think that’s a chain?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
It was Papa Boudreaux’s and it’s long gone. The original location is in Santa Fe and you will not want to travel that far to eat if you’re not local. Great place though.
Don’t eat in Cool Springs. That’s nothing but chains. Go downtown and try Mojo’s Tacos in the Factory. Try 55 South or Red Pony. Try Waldo’s. Try any of the local places, not the junk you can get anywhere. And wear your gear just to piss off all the rebels around there.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Puckett’s is good. They also own the Americana Taphouse and Burger Dandy in downtown.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Go out to Leipers Fork and try those places out. It’s a fun spot to eat breakfast. Sadly Big Bad Breakfast bought Country Boy and is converting it over.
Don’t go to Starbucks for coffee. There’s too many local options to patronize and they’re much better.
See my suggestions in an earlier post above.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
The Germantown area of Nashville is pretty cool. Several decent restaurant options there…..If there is several of you looking for different lunch options go to 5th and Broadway downtown for lunch.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login