OT: Nate Bargatze

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I saw Nate last night in Jackson at Thalia Mara, and he was fantastic. He performed for an hour or so.

He had a couple of opening act comedians that were good as well. For those in the Tupelo area, he'll be performing on February 25th in Tupelo.

Reactions: aTotal360

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I'd never heard of him until somebody posted some clips here, and then watched one of his Netflix joints last night. Not bad at all. Seems like a good dude too, glad he's having success.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
I saw Nate last night in Jackson at Thalia Mara, and he was fantastic. He performed for an hour or so.

He had a couple of opening act comedians that were good as well. For those in the Tupelo area, he'll be performing on February 25th in Tupelo.
Nate's dad Stephen has been a friend of mine for 25 years. I watched Nate grow up -- his comedic sense definitely comes from his father, who has always been hysterical. All the magic stuff about his dad that you hear in Nate's comedy is real.

Stephen often opens for his son -- if he performed in Tupelo, you saw one of my best friends in magic.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Nate's dad Stephen has been a friend of mine for 25 years. I watched Nate grow up -- his comedic sense definitely comes from his father, who has always been hysterical. All the magic stuff about his dad that you hear in Nate's comedy is real.

Stephen often opens for his son -- if he performed in Tupelo, you saw one of my best friends in magic.
One of the funniest things he talked about was his dad doing a magic show at a fair next to where they had donkeys diving into a pool. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Reactions: MagicDawg

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
To add:

When he was still an up and comer, he was the opener in Hattiesburg for Tig Notaro at Laughs for Life. That was my first exposure to him and he had us rolling in his 15 minute set.
He then came back and was the headliner in 2021. I didnt get to go that year.

The main reason I'm mentioning that is to say this. If you're into comedy, you need to keep up with Laughs for Life in Hattiesburg and support it and go, if possible. They have had some great comedians come in since they began and it raises money for a great cause.

Reactions: She Mate Me

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008

If anyone who likes him hasn’t, check out his Nateland podcast. It’s very entertaining.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008

Is he walking from Jackson to tupelo or just stopping in every spot along the drive? If so, when will he perform in noxapater?

AlSwearengen2

Nov 29, 2022
I saw him in Hattiesburg opening for the tig notaro chick. He was much better than she was. Her act was awful until she started engaging with a man in the front. He killed it though.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
I saw him in Hattiesburg opening for the tig notaro chick. He was much better than she was. Her act was awful until she started engaging with a man in the front. He killed it though.
While true, you also have to know that that is Tig’s schtick. Very dry and can be great but can definitely miss.
She’s from Mississippi though and I will always support her for that. Shes a good actress and writer too

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login