OT: NCAA Women's Swimming

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
It's getting interesting and we might start seeing some records fall. Female swimmers are just becoming better athletes. I guess they're paying more attention to diet, training and conditioning. Whatever they're doing, it's working. I'm expecting lots of gold medals at the next Olympics. Someone needs to tell Cohen to start a Lady Dogs NCAA swim team.

https://www.outkick.com/penn-transg...aten-by-yale-transgender-swimmer-iszac-henig/

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
LT intentionally built the pool in the Sanderson Center the size it is now so that MSU wouldn’t consider having a swim team.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I just don’t know how people can let this happen and it be ok. I hate it for women and girls who train their *** off and grow up doing the sport only to be thrashed by transgender men.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
According to the article, both a Female-to-Male and a Male-to-Female are both competing in the women's division. Not really sure how to square that away logically. Is it assignment at birth or identity? Apparently it's just whatever gives you the best chance to win?

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
According to the article, both a Female-to-Male and a Male-to-Female are both competing in the women's division. Not really sure how to square that away logically. Is it assignment at birth or identity? Apparently it's just whatever gives you the best chance to win?

"gender" is a made up word by your Left, decades ago. There are two "sexes". male (XY chromosome) and female (XX chromosome). That's science

Feb 20, 2011

Follow the Science. Trust the Experts. All that jazz.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Damn those sneaky libtards went back to the 14th century to sneak in made up words into the Latin language to fool all the smooth brainers 7 centuries later.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Biological sex is a social construct determined by dominant gender ideologies. Gender is also social construct. Gender is immediately and infinitely malleable. Muscle mass and bone density are social constructs. The earth is flat. The moon is made of cheese. Ole Miss fans are genuinely awesome people. Taco Bell makes the best Mexican food.

Last edited:

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
It’s by how you identify. It’s not a fair process.

Did you read the article? One of the featured swimmers is a Female-to-Male and is also competing in the women's event, despite identifying as male.

How can people argue that M->F be allowed to compete under what they identify, but also that F->M be allowed to compete under what they were assigned at birth? I realize some of you want to shut down all discussion under the "trans = bad no matter what," but look past that and question how even under a system that tries to allow trans access, this still makes no sense.

Last edited:

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
She still has to compete as a female because of the set requirements. She’s still in transition.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You edited after I replied. If you want to be a transgender person and you want to identify as a male or female, I don’t care. That’s your life and it doesn’t bother me in the least.

Where I draw the line is in sports. There is absolutely no way that it is fair for a biological male to compete against biological females especially in individual sports such as track, swimming, and weight lifting.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Where I draw the line is in sports. There is absolutely no way that it is fair for a biological male to compete against biological females especially in individual sports such as track, swimming, and weight lifting.

I imagine the vast majority of Americans agree with you, and most who disagree just do so in passing without realizing how huge the gap is between men's and women's sports. There may be some sports (shooting, sailing, equestrian?) where it's no big deal, and there may be some that could allow participation under certain conditions, while others (like basketball) may not be able to allow at all.

But I'm certainly not expert enough to suggest rules myself.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007

All those things have signs and symptoms that can be ascertained through physical examination and genetic testing. Are you suggesting every transgender individual has one of these conditions or a similar condition?

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
All those things have signs and symptoms that can be ascertained through physical examination and genetic testing. Are you suggesting every transgender individual has one of these conditions or a similar condition?

Obviously no, I was responding to the post that I quoted.

"There are two "sexes". male (XY chromosome) and female (XX chromosome). That's science" is objectively a false statement. Period, no matter how much someone wants it to be true. It's usually true, but not 100% of the time.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Quit trolling. Yes, these conditions do exist. But the frequency is 1 in 100,000; 1 in 30,000; 1 in 5,000; and 1 in 10,000. The vast majority of these people are not going to be athletes. So this is a red herring.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Quit trolling. Yes, these conditions do exist. But the frequency is 1 in 100,000; 1 in 30,000; 1 in 5,000; and 1 in 10,000. The vast majority of these people are not going to be athletes. So this is a red herring.

I never said they would be athletes. Don't put words in my mouth. I merely disproved the notion that "XY = male and XX = female" is a 100% thing, as the original poster asserted (and probably sincerely thought he was correct in doing so).

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I never said they would be athletes. Don't put words in my mouth. I merely disproved the notion that "XY = male and XX = female" is a 100% thing, as the original poster asserted (and probably sincerely thought he was correct in doing so).
It's not smart to make rules based on (incredible) exceptions.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Again, you’re talking about far less than 1% of the population. Yeah, it’s not a 100% thing, but it is a 99.9% thing.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
I've had a great idea for awhile and I think it's time. An anything goes version of the Olympics. Doping totally legal and cheating too so long as you don't get caught. And we're going to try to catch you.

Also, bring back old events like tug of war and new events like limbo and sex.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
None of those are distinct sexual categories. They're variations within biologically defined, sexual categories (male and female).

Last edited:

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008

You're really not good at trolling. Everything you mentioned is a chromosomal abnormality. Find me one person with gender dysphoria with a chromosomal abnormality. You can't. It's in the DSM-5, not ICD. Here you go, if you're too lazy to look it up in a real source.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
It's not smart to make rules based on (incredible) exceptions.

Again...

I didn't say that the XX males and XY females have anything to do with sports. I merely pointed out that the person who tried to shut down the whole argument with "Checkmate, there are 2 sexes and they're defined by chromosomes!" is factually incorrect.

I think we're all on the same side on the question of whether it's fair to let an unremarkable male athlete switch to being female (no matter how sincere he/she is in the transition) and then become a runaway champion. I just want people to use true and factual arguments to get there.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
You're really not good at trolling. Everything you mentioned is a chromosomal abnormality. Find me one person with gender dysphoria with a chromosomal abnormality. You can't. It's in the DSM-5, not ICD. Here you go, if you're too lazy to look it up in a real source.

For the 5th time, I'm not equating the two and obviously never will. It's like some of you are so eager to pounce that you don't even read what I've posted, just what you want to pretend that I posted.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
For the 5th time, I'm not equating the two and obviously never will. It's like some of you are so eager to pounce that you don't even read what I've posted, just what you want to pretend that I posted.

Nah bruh. you were just too busy trying to virtue signal with your gotcha moment, that you got sloppy.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Nah bruh. you were just too busy trying to virtue signal with your gotcha moment, that you got sloppy.

We both agree that Lia Thomas shouldn't be allowed to compete as a woman, despite her gender identity, but you used feelings to get there, while I used facts.

I guess we can just agree to agree, but if either of us ever meets someone out there who disagrees with our shared opinion, I'm a lot more likely to convince them with my approach.

MarkDallas

Aug 27, 2014
I've had a great idea for awhile and I think it's time. An anything goes version of the Olympics. Doping totally legal and cheating too so long as you don't get caught. And we're going to try to catch you.

Also, bring back old events like tug of war and new events like limbo and sex.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
I just don’t know how people can let this happen and it be ok. I hate it for women and girls who train their *** off and grow up doing the sport only to be thrashed by transgender men.

Speak up and let us know who you 8 idiots are that down voted this ^^^

Last edited:

moou

Oct 24, 2012
Do you know this for a fact, or you just bashing LT. The Sanderson Building is not an Athletic Building. Its for the Students like the Union. The pool was built at a smaller than standard pool, to keep out high school and travel swim teams from being able to use

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Biological sex is a social construct determined by dominant gender ideologies. Gender is also social construct. Gender is immediately and infinitely malleable. Muscle mass and bone density are social constructs. The earth is flat. The moon is made of cheese. Ole Miss fans are genuinely awesome people. Taco Bell makes the best Mexican food.

I haven't eaten at Taco Bell since June 1991.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Do you know this for a fact, or you just bashing LT. The Sanderson Building is not an Athletic Building. Its for the Students like the Union. The pool was built at a smaller than standard pool, to keep out high school and travel swim teams from being able to use

This is closer to it. I'm no Larry Templeton fan but neither he nor anyone else in the athletic department had anything to do with the Sanderson Center. The decision to build the pool too small to hold college swimming events may very well have been an intentional decision but it wasn't Templeton who made it.

There are plenty of reasons to bash LT but this isn't one of them.

Last edited:

PuebloDawg

Sep 29, 2021
Seems pretty simple to me. On the field I’m a woman, but in the bed I’m a man. And so is Lola.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login