OT: New Bar in Starkville - ‘Another Round’

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
It's "Next Round" and it is near Obys. It's been open since '21 according to their logo, and even living in Starkville I honestly haven't heard anything good or bad. I think it's a bourbon/wine bar kind of place with limited beer and small ever changing food menu They've got a FB page that I saw awhile back

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It's "Next Round" and it is near Obys. It's been open since '21 according to their logo, and even living in Starkville I honestly haven't heard anything good or bad. I think it's a bourbon/wine bar kind of place with limited beer and small ever changing food menu They've got a FB page that I saw awhile back
Also on their website it just says that the owner is “not Rick Stansbury”. Weird.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Who was the regular poster on this board with an unhealthy hatred for Stansbury? Might be him.
Thought you were going to ask where our Starkville Biz reporter went. Living here but out of the loop on a lot of "around town" info, always enjoyed their updates but haven't seen any in awhile.

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
Nice little spot off the beaten path. Owner is local and a dawg through and through

Nick, the bartender, makes one of the best old fashions you'll ever have in your life

Definitely worth checking out before or after a game

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
We’ve had our game day condo over there since 2021 and have never once heard of this place. Will have to check it out. Easily walkable.

Seems they could have done a better job of marketing. (Or just we’re that out of touch)

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Nice little spot off the beaten path. Owner is local and a dawg through and through

Nick, the bartender, makes one of the best old fashions you'll ever have in your life

I heard it was small. What’s the food like?

Reactions: Long Black Veil

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Thought you were going to ask where our Starkville Biz reporter went. Living here but out of the loop on a lot of "around town" info, always enjoyed their updates but haven't seen any in awhi

Only open Wed or Thurs thru Saturday though so keep that in mind

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Speaking of bars in Starkvegas, any updates on the bar that is going into the old cleaners building in the Cotton District (next to Bulldog Burger)? Was that way a couple of weeks ago and didn't look like much progress. Any chance it will be open before football season?

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
Speaking of bars in Starkvegas, any updates on the bar that is going into the old cleaners building in the Cotton District (next to Bulldog Burger)? Was that way a couple of weeks ago and didn't look like much progress. Any chance it will be open before football season?
Shirley you know the answer to this…

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I heard it’s still a go, but I’m guessing it’ll be open sometime next year.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I heard it’s still a go, but I’m guessing it’ll be open sometime next year.
We really need to run the cotton district bars/restaurants right up to campus. How about tearing down the war crime-esque atrocity that is the Hunter Henry Center and turning it into a hotel?

Reactions: Dawg84

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
We really need to run the cotton district bars/restaurants right up to campus. How about tearing down the war crime-esque atrocity that is the Hunter Henry Center and turning it into a hotel?
I’m not an expert on this sort of planning, but I think this is a great idea.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Hunter Henry is about to become part of the College of Architecture, as the Foundation/Alumni Association moved to The Mill.

however, I think a new hotel/development is planned in the footprint of where the Comfort Suites/old town homes on University and up to Col Moldrow

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Comfort Suites just changed ownership and name. I have a reservation there in mid-February for my daughter’s College of Engineering visit and got an email a couple of weeks ago stating that it’s now called “Russell Inn & Suites”.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Sounds good to me, but not sure on the zoning between Col Muldrow & campus. Quite a bit of it is residential currently.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Hunter Henry is about to become part of the College of Architecture, as the Foundation/Alumni Association moved to The Mill.
If my child was an architecture student and the department was located there, I'd have doubts. Of course its current building gives me doubts also.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Comfort Suites just changed ownership and name. I have a reservation there in mid-February for my daughter’s College of Engineering visit and got an email a couple of weeks ago stating that it’s now called “Russell Inn & Suites”.
The new owner is none other than Mississippi State University. They also bought the Hampton across from Chic Fil A. No idea what the overall plans are but they are both scheduled for an upgrade and remodel.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
A franchise name pullout like That usually indicates Choice is going to build a new Comfort Suites in a new location with another owner. I understand the new format Best Western created to be their upscale flagship is also supposed to build out past Walk-Ons.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The new owner is none other than Mississippi State University. They also bought the Hampton across from Chic Fil A. No idea what the overall plans are but they are both scheduled for an upgrade and remodel.
and the Courtyard Marriott adjacent to The Mill

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Bars and restaurants in Starkville come and go like lot lizards at a Pilot/Loves truckstop.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
A franchise name pullout like That usually indicates Choice is going to build a new Comfort Suites in a new location with another owner. I understand the new format Best Western created to be their upscale flagship is also supposed to build out past Walk-Ons.
I was told that since there will be a major renovation/demolition in the near future, it was determined to let the Choice contract expire instead of reupping.

Choice may be looking for a new location now.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
FYI, I’d booked with comfort suites for a stay next month and went online to cancel and wasn’t able to. Called the corporate number and they could t cancel, and they explained the hotel was no longer in their portfolio. They contacted the hotel directly to cancel. Received a cancelation email that was blank with a link to view the cancellation that expires in 30 days. So all that to say just a heads up to anyone looking to modify or cancel a reservation you made under the comfort suites brand.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
FYI, I’d booked with comfort suites for a stay next month and went online to cancel and wasn’t able to. Called the corporate number and they could t cancel, and they explained the hotel was no longer in their portfolio. They contacted the hotel directly to cancel. Received a cancelation email that was blank with a link to view the cancellation that expires in 30 days. So all that to say just a heads up to anyone looking to modify or cancel a reservation you made under the comfort suites brand.
When ownership changed, I got an email from Russell Inn & Suites stating that my reservation was transferred to them and provided a phone number to call if I had and questions or concerns. We're scheduled to check in on Friday, so we'll see...

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Prepare for mass confusion and chaos at check in

chaos GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login