OT - Next Bama Coach

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The next coach will be either Lanning or Norvell.

Other candidates:
Deboar - No SEC experience
Demo Ryans - wouldn't come
Sark - wouldn't come

Kiffin - too immature, puts himself ahead of the program.
Dabo - hasn't adapted to the portal/NIL

From what I hear from B'ham sports radio, Bama's NIL is not where most think its. It trials Texas, TAMU, UGA and other big time programs.

Saban is mature and puts the program ahead of himself. He's never tweeted and football is the life. Lanning is supposedly well liked by the powerbrokers at Bama and has the confidence not to be scared of the job, plus a relentless recruiter. The knock on Lanning is lack of experience and some poor in game decisions.

Reactions: Maroon13

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Lanning doesn't have the experience. No way Byrne hands over the castle to a guy with that little of experience. It's gonna be a proven winner long time

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Lanning doesn't have the experience. No way Byrne hands over the castle to a guy with that little of experience. It's gonna be a proven winner long time
No doubt his rise has been meteoric, but he is considered the young "superstar" of coaching. He's had success at a big time program, but Oregon is more or less "plug and play" when it comes to coaches. If he leaves, Oregon will be on its 5th HC since 2009, all have had success.

The first characteristic Bryne listed was "strong in recruiting." Lanning is supposedly a beast when it comes to that. He does have a $20mil buyout, though, I wouldn't think that'd be much of an impediment to Bama,

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
How many Bama players have interred he portal? You all think they are holding out to see who Bama Hires?

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Why? NFL & college are two very different games. Few coaches have ever been good at both. And I don’t know why any NFL coach would want to move to the college game now especially.
I’m not saying they should, but I think they will. In their mind, they are better than just a college coach, and their last coach came from the nfl and he worked out Ok.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Crimson is the only color that matters. Is it now "Croom Time" at Bammer?***

rem101

Jan 22, 2008
The next coach will be either Lanning or Norvell.

Other candidates:
Deboar - No SEC experience
Demo Ryans - wouldn't come
Sark - wouldn't come

Kiffin - too immature, puts himself ahead of the program.
Dabo - hasn't adapted to the portal/NIL

From what I hear from B'ham sports radio, Bama's NIL is not where most think its. It trials Texas, TAMU, UGA and other big time programs.

Saban is mature and puts the program ahead of himself. He's never tweeted and football is the life. Lanning is supposedly well liked by the powerbrokers at Bama and has the confidence not to be scared of the job, plus a relentless recruiter. The knock on Lanning is lack of experience and some poor in game decisions.
I get it that they may be behind on NIL right now, but that won't last. We raised $2.5mil in 2 weeks with a couple big boys matching donations. They have more big boys, and more people who are willing to skip a month of rent to give to the Tahd.

If Byrne starts a fundraising campaign, which I imagine he will, it'll catch up very soon.

I also think he hires someone that no one is talking about/expects. Or that someone has already crossed off the list of potential candidates. This is the ninja, afterall.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login