OT: OK, which one of y'all called into Dave Ramsey recently?

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
He lost me at paying off his truck at 7 or 8% interest, but carries a $2K balance on a credit card at +20% interest.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
F250 = farmer or want to be farmer
Chevy = young punk or old man
Ram = idiot
pre 2022 Tundra = country boy with a little sense
2022 or later Tundra = idiot

Reactions: T-TownDawgg

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Nissan Frontier=apartment dwelling service provider who gets after it on the weekends

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
He lost me at paying off his truck at 7 or 8% interest, but carries a $2K balance on a credit card at +20% interest.
The credit card debt amazes me. I understand people getting in a bind, and I understand some people just don't understand math, but I don't get people that can understand basic multiplication carrying cc debt as a matter of lifestyle. If you're spinning up a small business, that doesn't seem like a good bet but it is at least plausible that you could outearn your interest rate with the money you free up to invest in your business. Otherwise, what do you want so badly that you're willing to pay 20%+ interest on it?

And if you can carry credit card debt from month to month without it spiraling you towards bankruptcy, that pretty much means you can easily stay out of credit card debt once you get out of it.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
OBS 88-98 stock-GMT pickup WITHOUT any stupid wheels or accessories=dangerous man with sensibilities

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
The credit card debt amazes me. I understand people getting in a bind, and I understand some people just don't understand math, but I don't get people that can understand basic multiplication carrying cc debt as a matter of lifestyle. If you're spinning up a small business, that doesn't seem like a good bet but it is at least plausible that you could outearn your interest rate with the money you free up to invest in your business. Otherwise, what do you want so badly that you're willing to pay 20%+ interest on it?

And if you can carry credit card debt from month to month without it spiraling you towards bankruptcy, that pretty much means you can easily stay out of credit card debt once you get out of it.
Yeah, the guy went on to say he had $5k in savings. Hell, pay off the credit card debt with that, invest the rest, and add to it with the money you're not spending on credit card interest each month

Reactions: Maroon Eagle
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login