OT: Old Dog Sick

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I have a 13 year old Golden Retriever who is sick. She sleeps in our Sunroom, but for the last two nights she has had diarrhea. It was a mess to clean up, even on tile floors. Last night to be on the safe side, I put out newspapers in her preferred spot. I used the old sports pages and made sure Lane Kiffin’s image was on each page. Sure enough, she was sick again, but this time the Lane Train got it in the kisser. She headed to the vet today, and she will only receive the best treatment for being a dog after my own heart. Dog Walker, State fan!

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Old dogs are the best dogs. Sounds like yours is a mighty fine one.

Reactions: Dawgg

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
I had to take one of my dogs to the vet earlier this year with the same symptoms. He ran some bloodwork and thankfully didn't find anything abnormal, so he sent me home with some pro-biotic paste and another pill. The vet told me that he had three other dogs with the same problem before he saw mine and that it just usually runs its course. Thankfully she was back to her normal self in a couple days, and I hope the same for you.

Reactions: Msdeltareb

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
I had to take one of my dogs to the vet earlier this year with the same symptoms. He ran some bloodwork and thankfully didn't find anything abnormal, so he sent me home with some pro-biotic paste and another pill. The vet told me that he had three other dogs with the same problem before he saw mine and that it just usually runs its course. Thankfully she was back to her normal self in a couple days, and I hope the same for you.
My 12 year old lab mix had it in mid/late December followed by a full month of nosebleeds (I don’t think the two were related). Cost me about $1,200 all told to be told that they had no idea what was wrong with him but, most importantly, he’s back to his normal self now. Bowels been good for a little over a month and no nosebleeds for the last 2 1/2 weeks. Hope yours turns out to be a short term head scratcher too OP.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Hope your dog is ok. It made me stop what I was doing and love on mine a little bit. They sure do bring a special light into life and sometimes you just gotta stop and enjoy the little things. Hope the vet has good news.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login