OT - OM's Collective Sells Vodka?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You guys may already know this, but I read on the other board that OM's collective sells Vodka. Obviously, it's likely produced by a distillery and they slap a label on it and mark it up 25 (or whatever) percent. This seems like a great idea.

May 7, 2006

patdog

May 28, 2007
Surprise. Mississippi is kicking our a** again in NIL. As much as I hate those bastards, I have to admire them for getting in front of this whole issue.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If Kevin Fant was slinging MSU labeled Taaka Vodka back in 2002 when I was in college, I woulda bought a bottle for sure.
Hell, I also woulda bought some crap Whiskey back then if were labeled Bully's Dehydrated Piss, and kept the bottle for display!

Now? Hard pass. But cool if others want to drink overpriced vodka to support their school.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Is it trash vodka that tells you about how great it used to be when it was their granddaddy's ? Is the bottle fancy looking, but then you find out it's leased and has to be returned at the end of the month?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Haha, small world- this vodka is distilled 2 miles from where I live. looks like Foundry has partnered with multiple schools- Tennessee, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Bama, Iowa, UNC, and more.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Let's start selling MSU toilet paper. Everyone uses that but not everyone drinks vodka.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I do think we need to put an emphasis on raising NIL dollars through products and not just donations. For example, instead of MSU labeled stadium cups why couldn’t they be Bulldog Initiative cups featuring various players throughout the seasons and a % go to NIL, or is all that locked down and not allowable?

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I do think we need to put an emphasis on raising NIL dollars through products and not just donations. For example, instead of MSU labeled stadium cups why couldn’t they be Bulldog Initiative cups featuring various players throughout the seasons and a % go to NIL, or is all that locked down and not allowable?
don't think the school can contribute to NIL. Those cups are sold by the school

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
Personally, I think some of our NIL stuff is dumb and I’m not trying to be the overly critical guy. Like the NIL participating businesses that offer a discount and then a portion of proceeds go to NIL. How are you going to ask a local business, lets say coffee shop, to give a discount and then donate part of that buy to NIL? If I’m a local business that sounds awful for me and probably raises all of 25 cents. To me you offer a seperate NIL “premium” product and the business is actually motivated to sell because they don’t lose. Like the OM vodka. Sure it’s marked up but the liquor stores selling don’t lose out selling it and the buyer doesn’t mind paying the mark up because it goes to a good cause. For example, our NIL trucker hats are horrible. Make a good hat that’s sharp, charge $45, and sell the hell out of it. Anyone can make a generic Richardson 112 in 5 seconds.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I find this ironic considering Lane just posted a “3years sober” tweet yesterday.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login