OT: One guys take on Northwestern Football field rebuild.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I visited the school in think in 2019. The soccer field was great, beautiful view. The football stadium was literally a dump.

Reactions: GloryDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
They are keeping most games on campus instead of being 20mi away. That's cool.
There are a couple games that are set to be played at Wrigley.

It's squeezing a lot into a little area, but the view will be 17ing unique as hell.

We toured the school last October and the stadium closure was mentioned. The area where they will play actually looks bigger on satellite view than it did when I saw it on that visit.

Reactions: GloryDawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I thought the designer made an interesting choice by having the majority of seats with a poor view of both the field and Lake Michigan.

Last edited:

tired

Sep 16, 2013
That is interesting. Looks like they're going all in. A cold wind off of that lake. Poor kickers.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
They are keeping most games on campus instead of being 20mi away. That's cool.
There are a couple games that are set to be played at Wrigley.

It's squeezing a lot into a little area, but the view will be 17ing unique as hell.

We toured the school last October and the stadium closure was mentioned. The area where they will play actually looks bigger on satellite view than it did when I saw it on that visit.
That would actually be an incredibly cool place to have the permanent stadium, although I guess it's just too congested. How awesome would it be fore Northwestern Students to have a dorm facing the lake and incorporated into the eastern side of the stadium. Probably wouldn't be very many games that weather allowed it, but could have some games with boats pulling up to tailgate.

Would be a logistical nightmare on gameday to have almost 180 degrees of access blocked by water though. And they'd have to at minimum to tear down the Kellog building, and I don't think Northwestern would have its priorities straight enough to disrupt one of its most prestigious academic programs to make their football stadium cooler. That's why their in the Big 10**

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login