OT: password manager/VPN

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
Do you use a password manager and/or VPN? I currently have an iPhone and IPad. I have a laptop, but never turn it on.

I’m more interested in if I should use a password manager than VPN, but see some of the VPN’s come with a password manager. I signed up for a site the other day that generated a “strong” password and thankfully it saved in my phone.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I switched from manual password management to using Bitwarden about 3-4 years ago. One of the best--and overdue--decisions I ever made. Bitwarden is excellent; it's open-sourced and free, with the premium edition only costing $10 a year. I use it on all browsers plus my phone. Look into it.

The worst part of going with a password manager is the very beginning as you load all of your site and account data into it. That was a multi-week extravaganza for me.

Reactions: DawgInThe256

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Do you use a password manager and/or VPN? I currently have an iPhone and IPad. I have a laptop, but never turn it on.

I’m more interested in if I should use a password manager than VPN, but see some of the VPN’s come with a password manager. I signed up for a site the other day that generated a “strong” password and thankfully it saved in my phone.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
I use LastPass for password Manager and Opera browser, it has built in VPN. Free versions of both is what I use but you can "upgrade" both to increase features

Reactions: ll Martain ll

Nicephorus123

Nov 17, 2022
Personally use 1Password which is more iPhone/Apple centric. It has a family plan where multiple family members can have accounts under one sub. Useful as you can place a login in your shared folder and all other family members can access it. Works well for us. Have heard good things about bitwarden but haven’t looked into it as don’t want to deal with any migration process.

I’d avoid Lastpass like the plague. They’ve had some major security issues in the past. Most recently one they have never fully disclosed although there’s enough circumstantial evidence all pointing to them as the common denominator.

May 7, 2006
+1 for 1Password. Lastpass doesn't have a Chinaman's chance of keeping passwords safe.
I stick with NordVPN for the P2P feature.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login