OT - Poker Face

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Anybody else watching Poker Face on Peacock? It's the new mystery of the week from Rian Johnson that stars Natasha Lyonne. We're only two episodes in but it's been fantastic so far.

It's a lot like shows from the 70s/80s like Murder, She Wrote, Magnum PI, Columbo and even The Incredible Hulk... There's an overarching story line set up in the first episode to get her on the road but each episode is otherwise self-contained.

If you subscribe to Peacock, it's definitely worth checking out.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Anybody else watching Poker Face on Peacock? It's the new mystery of the week from Rian Johnson that stars Natasha Lyonne. We're only two episodes in but it's been fantastic so far.

It's a lot like shows from the 70s/80s like Murder, She Wrote, Magnum PI, Columbo and even The Incredible Hulk... There's an overarching story line set up in the first episode to get her on the road but each episode is otherwise self-contained.

Glad to hear. It's on my radar. Are all episodes out?

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Glad to hear. It's on my radar. Are all episodes out?
The first four episodes came out last week. Starting today (I think), we get a new episode each Thursday. Will be 10 episodes total.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
The first four episodes came out last week. Starting today (I think), we get a new episode each Thursday. Will be 10 episodes total.
Thanks. I'll wait til they're all out. Previews sure look good. A lot of star actors it seems.

Reactions: FQDawg

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Off topic, but a series-TV related PSA: After 13 years, they are coming out with the third season of Party Down this month. I am watching the first two seasons again to get refreshed, and even after all this time, it holds up well. Great core cast who have gone to do other things (Parks & Rec, Silicon Valley) in the years since the series, and amazing cameos in every episode.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Ive watched all 4 out so far. Should be a new one today or so. Looks like there are a ton of guest stars coming up.

Episode 1 was good to start it off. Episode 2 and 3 started off a little too slow, but episode 4 was fantastic with Chloe Sevigny.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023

You know I was thinking about it last week trying to compare it to old school TV and the Incredible Hulk was one I came up with too. Or maybe even Highway to Heaven. Travels on the road solving the local mystery each episode.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Another up vote, fantastic new show. And even if you're not Fishwater, Peacock is free with ads. Honestly I don't mind the ads, nice to have a little built in break to check phone or whatever. They have some really solid programs.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I really like it.

That being said, if she befriends you, better check your life insurance.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Off topic, but a series-TV related PSA: After 13 years, they are coming out with the third season of Party Down this month. I am watching the first two seasons again to get refreshed, and even after all this time, it holds up well. Great core cast who have gone to do other things (Parks & Rec, Silicon Valley) in the years since the series, and amazing cameos in every episode.
I’m doing the same. I hate Lizzy Caplan couldn’t do the new season, but if I had to lose one of the originals I would have picked her.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008

I’m enjoying it. I’m not sure how I feel about the flashback aspect of it- thought it was very well done in episode one but the other two I’ve watched were a little less so.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Not gonna lie... Judith Light could still get it.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I thought the pilot episode was great, but I haven't really liked the other episodes. For one, I don't really like detective shows where they show you who the killer is, and the only mystery is how the star will solve it. But also, these murders have been pretty complicated to solve, and she doesn't even use her super power to solve them; she relies on coincidence.

Its entertaining, though.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008

Love it so far. I love the modern Columbo vibes.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
Party Down was awesome. MAGNEFICENT!!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login