OT: Prayers please

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
A month ago my mother fell and broke her hip. She's home but requires 24/7 coverage by myself/wife and my sister. 2 weeks ago we lost a horse and I buried it. Last week my brother-in-law fell and broke his pelvis in 4 places. He's still in the hospital and we are his only family in MS. Friday our dogs got out of the fenced in back yard and 2 got run over and killed. Our surviving dog is lost without the other 2. My wife and I are exhausted and heart broken. We would appreciate your prayers.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
That’s tough bud. I hope they all recover soon. One day you’ll give anything to be able to take care of them and hear them tell the same stories they always tell. Just a little perspective.

Also might want to revisit the stairs situations around the ole homestead.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
That's so such in a short amount of time. The pain of having your people hurting can be overwhelming; losing beloved animals can be painful in such unique, gutting ways. Try and take care of yourself and your wife as best you can, acknowledging it sounds like your energy is going into being a caretaker for others.

🙏🙏🙏

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
That's so such in a short amount of time. The pain of having your people hurting can be overwhelming; losing beloved animals can be painful in such unique, gutting ways. Try and take care of yourself and your wife as best you can, acknowledging it sounds like your energy is going into being a caretaker for others.

🙏🙏🙏
Thanks, my wife and I are best friends and enjoy our time with each other. With all this going on we are getting limited time together. The same with our remaining dog which is sad. He is constantly searching for the other 2 dogs. He's never been at home alone like he is now. It is all so overwhelming.

• Sad
Reactions: dorndawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
That’s tough bud. I hope they all recover soon. One day you’ll give anything to be able to take care of them and hear them tell the same stories they always tell. Just a little perspective.

Also might want to revisit the stairs situations around the ole homestead.
Thanks, we've lost 3 of our 4 parents since 2020 and my mother is the last. We were definitely blessed to have them all for so many years. I still catch myself wanting to call them on the phone. It is tough losing a parent because they were always there for us since we were born.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Your story hits home with me in several ways. I promise I'll be thinking about yall and praying for you both. I wish I could do more. Just remember time is the great healer, keep the faith and this will pass. God bless yall.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Schedule a date night with the Mrs. Get out of the house and unwind for a few hours if there’s any way possible. Maybe a mindless movie that gets your mind off things for a couple of hours.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Prayers sent. That's a lot of misfortune to experience and I hope joy and happiness return to your life soon.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Taking care of a bed-ridden Dad and a Mom with Alzheimer’s. I feel your pain. Prayers will be offered for you and your sweetheart.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Thanks, we've lost 3 of our 4 parents since 2020 and my mother is the last. We were definitely blessed to have them all for so many years. I still catch myself wanting to call them on the phone. It is tough losing a parent because they were always there for us since we were born.
Prayers for you. I dread the day when that happens to me. I pray that this time becomes one where y’all look back on with fond memories and lots of laughter.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Taking care of a bed-ridden Dad and a Mom with Alzheimer’s. I feel your pain. Prayers will be offered for you and your sweetheart.
We are praying for you as well. It is tough but our love is the strongest medicine God gives us. God bless you and your parents.

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
So sorry to learn of this. Praying for The Lord's perfect peace and protection upon you all.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Just a quick update on my brother-in-law. He had surgery to repair his pelvis in Tupelo yesterday. Today they are going to get him up to see if he can walk. We are praying that he can. Otherwise we may be in for a long recovery period.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Well, we found out today my brother-in-law had a stroke. They spent the day evaluating him and we will know more tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Well, we found out today my brother-in-law had a stroke. They spent the day evaluating him and we will know more tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers.
It seems overwhelming but you’ll get through it. I can relate, my wife and I were both born to older parents and both the youngest of the family. Since we were childless we were always the obvious choice for Dr visits and overnight hospital stays with our parents. We spent the better part of 20 years taking care of parents. It can get frustrating but I’d love another week or two with any of the four.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login