OT: Question about Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
Does the US have the capability to act swiftly and strongly enough to end the war in Ukraine? I know the downside to that is a Russian retaliation on the US, but do we not have a strong enough defense system to weather that storm?

I get that it’s not our war, and we should stay out of it, but someone needs to stand up for Ukraine. Watching a young mother with very young kids on Fox News this morning pleading for help was tough to watch. Those people are entitled to a sense of safety and security, and if we could cripple Russian forces with a long range approach, I’d love to see it. It’s not our war today but it may be in due time.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Russia has the largest nuclear arsenal in the world. The United States has the second largest. If the two nations directly went to war with one another, it would be a civilization-ending event.

KeyserSoze1999

Aug 26, 2015
Most everything we could do would probably escalate into WW3...it is a really tough situation. I too in my heart feel like we should do more to help Ukraine...I watched that same Ukraine lady interview too.

The only thing I can come up with is maybe some MIM-104 Patriot Missiles maybe set up in Poland to intercept some of the Russian cruise missiles. This would not violate the airspace or border of Ukraine, just missile to missile confrontation...would be risky though and Ukraine would still have to deal with Russian aircraft and bombers.

View attachment 23951

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Do we have the capability? Yes. Can we weather the storm? Probably. Do we have the will? Not likely. Do we have a responsibility to defend Ukraine? Absolutely not.

Russian Military Technology is probably 15 years behind us and they are woefully underfunded. But as Alexander the Great said," I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I’m a real dumbass when it comes to politics. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but the way I look at it is that this war all began under Obama and during the first phase of losing our energy independence.

Russia had troops at Ukraine’s border waiting to strike while Obama was in office. Same time our energy and oil independence began to crash. Under Trump, Putin wouldn’t move an inch- again because we were regaining our strength in oil/energy.

Suddenly, with Biden, Keystone is shut down, while his own flesh and blood has ties and making millions in- you guessed it, Ukraine! Instantly. China (Russia’s bff) is testing nuclear **** in space? (Trump created Space Force and everyone laughed.)

Now with Biden in office, Putin sees his opportunity to strike and threatens that “anyone who intervenes will see consequences that no country has ever seen before.” Something I’d say for my homie getting ready to fight someone after I bought the newest glizzy or had just tested some nuclear 17 toy in 17ing space.

Space Force doesn’t seem so stupid now, does it? And yes, 17 Joe Biden.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If I could show you a video of every suffering mother and child in the world would you want to save them all? Call me whatever you want to, but there are suffering people everywhere on this planet and most of them look nothing like you or me. How do you choose who to help knowing you can't possibly help even a small fraction of them?

We need to only enter conflicts when they are very clear dangers to our country. Full stop.

Feb 23, 2008
Na Taco you’re a lot smarter than you give yourself credit for.

You’re spot on with your theory. Putin is a thug who smelled blood in the water and is trying to take advantage while he has the chance. Look at it from his perspective. The lack of energy independence on top of having a leader who can’t remember what day it is has given him a once in a lifetime opportunity. But it’s the energy factor that’s truly driving this.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
What’s funny is if Biden and his handlers would take a few plays out of the Trump playbook and show a strong hand, his approval rating would jump and really set a new tone for the next election.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
I’m a real dumbass when it comes to politics. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but the way I look at it is that this war all began under Obama and during the first phase of losing our energy independence.

Russia had troops at Ukraine’s border waiting to strike while Obama was in office. Same time our energy and oil independence began to crash. Under Trump, Putin wouldn’t move an inch- again because we were regaining our strength in oil/energy.

Suddenly, with Biden, Keystone is shut down, while his own flesh and blood has ties and making millions in- you guessed it, Ukraine! Instantly. China (Russia’s bff) is testing nuclear **** in space? (Trump created Space Force and everyone laughed.)

Now with Biden in office, Putin sees his opportunity to strike and threatens that “anyone who intervenes will see consequences that no country has ever seen before.” Something I’d say for my homie getting ready to fight someone after I bought the newest glizzy or had just tested some nuclear 17 toy in 17ing space.

You may want to check in to what it was Putin was paying Manafort and Flynn for, and what NATO is and Trump's record on it.

I don't like the guy and didn't support him, but Biden has handled this masterfully. Not that anyone expects the Fox-watching idiots to notice reality from their head in their ***.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017

So riddle me this. Why did Trump kiss Putin's *** every chance he got, and why was Putin so obviously a big fan of Trump, when the good ole USA is what Putin hates and wants to destroy the most, along with all other western democracies?

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
You may want to check in to what it was Putin was paying Manafort and Flynn for, and what NATO is and Trump's record on it.

I don't like the guy and didn't support him, but Biden has handled this masterfully. Not that anyone expects the Fox-watching idiots to notice reality from their head in their ***.

By all means, explain these masterful actions to us, and use small words for us idiots.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
So riddle me this. Why did Trump kiss Putin's *** every chance he got, and why was Putin so obviously a big fan of Trump, when the good ole USA is what Putin hates and wants to destroy the most, along with all other western democracies?
I can’t answer that but I do know Trump is the only one to have ever shook hands with the two most hated men in the world, Kim Jung Dumbass, and Vladdy Putin *****.

I also know the world was a lot more fun then too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login