OT: Question for business/finance folks

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
If you had a small business you've been running out of your home, but it's grown and you want to open a store front, what route would you go loan or assistance wise? I know nothing about small business loans etc.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
If you had a small business you've been running out of your home, but it's grown and you want to open a store front, what route would you go loan or assistance wise? I know nothing about small business loans etc.
How much are you needing to get started? If you can say, what type of business is it?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Do not use your money. Go out and try to find people who invest in LLP"s. They are out there,

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Shouldn’t need much. Find an empty lot and offer to rent it. The landlord might ask that you put a few thousand down in advance.

If you want to buy it, I would do it through a separate LLC than the car business. One LLC will pay the other each month.

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
What type of business? Where are you looking? Also, how much space do you need?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It's a glass business located in S. MS. Not mine but it's blown up to where he's looking for a place and to hire a person or two. I helped get him started but I'm out of the investor business right now after some health related expenses a couple years ago.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Don't go getting a loan on a bootstrapped business. Bringing on extra liabilities is too risky if you don't have the cash flow to rent a facility/lease equipment. Moving out of the garage into a rented space is no reason to get a loan. If you can't afford that without a loan, you're not ready.

Loans are for when you have cash flow rolling and you want to buy property instead of rent, own equipment vs lease, or buyout a competitor or something.

For this scenario, if you cannot afford to lease/rent to take the next step, the business is not ready for the next step.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login