OT - Question for Folks with CSpire Cellular

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We've been with CSpire cellular as long as I can remember, with at least 4 phones on our plan. Yesterday, for the first time ever, I got a text that I had met my limit for high speed data. I haven't used the phone more "off wifi" than any other month - actually probably less in November than most months. Is this something new they are just now enforcing? We've made no changes to plan recently (other than getting the iPhone 15). We are also CSpire Fiber customers.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Idk but don’t go getting lost near the MS river. May as well put some Dales on phone and eat the son of a bitsh to keep from starving….ragged asz reception

shep9332

Jun 5, 2014
Same here. I think this is the first full billing period I've had the 15. Bookmarking this to see if any one comes up with an answer.

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
I had Cspire for ever but finally had to switch last year. Service in Desoto County just continued to get worse. It was messing with work calls, so I finally had to
change.
Not sure how true it is, but I was told they have put everything into fiber and not taking care of the cell network like they should. I definitely could tell a difference.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I’ve been an ATT lifer and have been floored at how much more I’m encountering dead spots.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I had Cspire for ever but finally had to switch last year. Service in Desoto County just continued to get worse. It was messing with work calls, so I finally had to
change.
Not sure how true it is, but I was told they have put everything into fiber and not taking care of the cell network like they should. I definitely could tell a difference.
I started out with them when they were Cellular South and stayed for almost 14 years but got tired of having to call customer service every time somebody from our 5 member plan left town and I had to call to tell them where we were and they had to make adjustments to our service so we would use it. Switched to AT&T probably 12 years ago and never looked back. I went in and told then I was leaving and they asked no questions whatsoever, didn't try to keep me, nothing.....

Reactions: HWY51dog

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Cell service has gotten worse rather than better the last few years. Someone I know who works for ATT told me this. The government mandated that carriers share towers and guaranteed roaming from other carriers on their towers. The mandate has expired and ATT is choking the Verizon customers and vice versa. You can be a ATT customer and standing under a Verizon tower and you may not have service.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Had CSPIRE from 98 until about 2019. Realized when I travelled outta state the service was limited. Once I swapped to ATT around that time knew I made the best decision. Csprie went from cellular south and being cell carrier to CSPIRE wanting to be bigger than they could grow at the time. They are more worried about being a fiber to the home company than anything else at the moment.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Cell service has gotten worse rather than better the last few years. Someone I know who works for ATT told me this. The government mandated that carriers share towers and guaranteed roaming from other carriers on their towers. The mandate has expired and ATT is choking the Verizon customers and vice versa. You can be a ATT customer and standing under a Verizon tower and you may not have service.
Cell south made their bed when changing names. Verizon shared towers with them up to that point.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I get that text from time to time. So far it’s only been for that months minutes when I check & I’ve got enough rollover minutes to get me to the next month. So go to their app & see how many minutes you really have left.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Keep donating to the evil empires NIL boys!

Attachments

• IMG_6639.jpeg
    IMG_6639.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6640.jpeg
    IMG_6640.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
We've been with CSpire cellular as long as I can remember, with at least 4 phones on our plan. Yesterday, for the first time ever, I got a text that I had met my limit for high speed data. I haven't used the phone more "off wifi" than any other month - actually probably less in November than most months. Is this something new they are just now enforcing? We've made no changes to plan recently (other than getting the iPhone 15). We are also CSpire Fiber customers.
I get that as well. I have been with them for I know 16 years. I have never had issues with it. I just ignore it. My charges are never any higher and I can always get to the internet.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Had CSPIRE from 98 until about 2019. Realized when I travelled outta state the service was limited. Once I swapped to ATT around that time knew I made the best decision. Csprie went from cellular south and being cell carrier to CSPIRE wanting to be bigger than they could grow at the time. They are more worried about being a fiber to the home company than anything else at the moment.
I drove all the way to Pheonix from Brandon, back to Tucson, went up through Navaho Nation to Moab Utah. I have Samsung, my wife and kids have iPhone. I never lose service, but my wife and two kids did. They say phones don't matter you would think I would have lost service as well.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
I drove all the way to Pheonix from Brandon, back to Tucson, went up through Navaho Nation to Moab Utah. I have Samsung, my wife and kids have iPhone. I never lose service, but my wife and two kids did. They say phones don't matter you would think I would have lost service as well.
Oh now it's iPhone v Android 🤦🏻‍♂️
I was on a bus full of folks from MS all on CSPIRE when we had a school trip to Washington DC not a OS problem. It was a carrier problem. CSPIRE employee with us had to make a call just for any of us to have decent service.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Oh now it's iPhone v Android 🤦🏻‍♂️
I was on a bus full of folks from MS all on CSPIRE when we had a school trip to Washington DC not a OS problem. It was a carrier problem. CSPIRE employee with us had to make a call just for any of us to have decent service.
I pay for all four phones. I not into one phone better than another but it did seem funny I was the only one who did not lose service.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
I pay for all four phones. I not into one phone better than another but it did seem funny I was the only one who did not lose service.
Funny all our phones are under my account also. Also funny you can't realize you're paying OM alum money to have cell service but virtue signaling you're android over anything. Not everyone on a bus full of us had iPhones man but your 25% is greater in your SUV.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Cell phone smack, gotta love it.
John Legend A Legendary Christmas GIF by NBC

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Tried CSpire back about 8-10 years ago. Would have ~80% signal strength and couldn’t make a phone call. Called them to ask and they said they had no idea what it was. I took the phone back to them after I switched back to AT&T and they told me, “ You should have called or come by the store. This was an issue with your phone and we would have replaced it.” Too late. Been with AT&T before and since that few month stretch. It works good enough and discounts are nice also.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
Depends where you live. Meridian to Starkville, CSpire has the best service. And if you use a phone for business Android is 100 times better.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login