OT - Question for YouTube TV Users

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
So I cut the cord this spring for YT TV and have been decently happy with the service so far. On DirecTV there was an option to add a time extension to a recording if a game went over the allotted time slot. I had all the football games set up for an hour extension to ensure we didn't miss the end of the game.

My question is there a way to add an extension on YT TV or will the program automatically continue to record till the event ends?

Reactions: dorndawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
So I cut the cord this spring for YT TV and have been decently happy with the service so far. On DirecTV there was an option to add a time extension to a recording if a game went over the allotted time slot. I had all the football games set up for an hour extension to ensure we didn't miss the end of the game.

My question is there a way to add an extension on YT TV or will the program automatically continue to record till the event ends?
I think it can tell when the event ends. There are people that complain because if they are watching a recording without knowing the score and they see the red line going a lot further out when there is only a minute left, they know it’s going to overtime.

Reactions: dorndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I think it can tell when the event ends. There are people that complain because if they are watching a recording without knowing the score and they see the red line going a lot further out when there is only a minute left, they know it’s going to overtime.

Does the line not go away if you don't interact with it?

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
A similar but much, much more egregious issue is going on with MLS on Apple+ right now. You literally can't click on an ongoing game without going through a title page - WHICH SHOWS YOU THE DAMN SCORE IN PROGRESS - so if I want to start a game from the beginning that's already started, I can't avoid this huge spoiler before starting the game. I actually have been looking for an outlet to ***** about this, so thanks for giving me the opportunity.

I assume they will fix this before they start broadcasting football games, or there will be blood.

catvet

May 11, 2009
Are games blurry? It's said due to video compression, the video effects are noticeable. Is that true?

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
I have recorded games on YTTV and there is an option to record over the time is the game continues past

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I feel like my game recordings on YTTV are usually more than I need rather than less. Like it will record our game in full and I’ll also get half of the first quarter of a random Oregon State vs UCLA game.

The other thing about YTTV is it re-records anytime there is a subsequent airing of a game replay. Sometimes that means you may end up with a slightly condensed version eventually. But it keeps it in your library a bit longer.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Not to high jack.the thread but does anybody here have a stand alone dvr ? I cut the cable and got a fairly cheap service with tons of programming but I like to record all the States games. Any experience or suggestions for a dvr unit ?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
The biggest thing that I don't like about YTTV is that you can't stop recording a show. If you record one episode you record every episode from now on.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The biggest thing that I don't like about YTTV is that you can't stop recording a show. If you record one episode you record every episode from now on.
You can, all you have to do is click on the check mark and it will stop.

Attachments

• IMG_4659.jpeg
    IMG_4659.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 2
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login