OT: Rasslin' - Cody Rhodes back to WWE?

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I don't keep up much other than listening to BFW's pod and Busted Open.

What's causing Cody to go back to Vince? Money? What am I missing?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I’m not sure how much truth there is to the rumor, but there are a few things that could be leading him there.

1. He hasn’t gotten over with the AEW crowd and it’s to the point that he has go home heat.

2. He’s discovered the Hollywood side of wrestling and wants to do more reality shows and game show hosting and thinks WWE is a better path to that.

3. The “EVPs” relationship with Tony Khan has soured somewhat and they’ve discovered they don’t have the creative and/or monetary control that they thought they’d have.

4. He was a big fish in a small pond, now he’s just another fish. It’s much easier to overshadow Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy than it is CM Punk and Bryan Danielson.

5. That being said, he raised his stock after leaving WWE and would at least start out being a hot name coming back. If he showed up at/after Wrestlemania, he could have a good run up to Summerslam with maybe Rollins or Reigns, but WWE will invariably put him back in the IC/US title scene.

6. Combine 4 & 5, his stock is probably as high as it’s going to get with AEW and he feels like this is the time he’ll get his best deal with WWE.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I have a feeling that more will come out about this in the coming days, but at least as of right now, this has come completely out of left field. I’ve even been seeing comments from guys that basically live on wrestling boards all saying that they were shocked.

In AEW, Cody was already starting to step away from the ring, and I highly doubt he’s headed to WWE for some big wrestling run. My best guess is that considering the pitiful state that WWE has been in for years, Vince made Cody an offer to join the creative team or upper management that he just couldn’t refuse. After all, even Vince has to be impressed with what he has turned AEW into after just a couple of years.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I know he had Go Home Heat but it really seemed like he could steer that to good heel heat. I just think that he doesn’t want that. A lot of people have been speculating on Jericho too. He seems like he is getting in better shape so they are wondering if he is looking to go back to WWE.

MJF is just unbelievable right now. He is so good at what he does, it’s Piper worthy.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Apologies, I’ve been nose to the grindstone with work today and didn’t know he had announced his leaving.

He mentioned a while back that he has been working without a contract in AEW for a little while now, but I thought that was idle banter while they iron out his next deal. Still not sure he automatically goes to WWE though.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I don't keep up with wrestling at all but my son loves it. For Christmas I bought him WrestleMania tickets. Has anyone ever been to one of these and are there other wrestling activities I need to take him too beside the events?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I don't keep up with wrestling at all but my son loves it. For Christmas I bought him WrestleMania tickets. Has anyone ever been to one of these and are there other wrestling activities I need to take him too beside the events?

This will be my first ever Wrestlemania. I’m taking my daughter. They announced that there will be some events during the week. They haven’t announced dates/times/locations yet, but look for an announcement for something called “Axxess”. That will be more of a fan fest type event that I think will take place at the Kay Bailey Hutchison center.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’ve been to two, and to get the one negative thing out of the way, I’ll just warn you that the wrestlers are probably going to seem like ants to you unless you sprung for $5k tickets. Most of these venues were built for 100 yard football fields, and when you suddenly plop a 20x20 ring in them instead, it really is a huge difference compared to your typical Raw. You’ll probably find yourself watching the Jumbotron more than the actual ring at times.

All that said, WM weekend is a blast, and if this one is like any I’ve been to, you’ll be amazed as to how it seriously takes over an entire city for 2-3 days. Everywhere you go, people will be decked out in gear, and there’s just an energy that you’ll feel as soon as you get there. Highly entertaining. I also highly recommend the fan events because WWE goes all out for it, and it’s a great chance for your kid to meet a few stars, get pictures, and even take part in some of the events like getting to perform a WWE entrance.

Only thing I wouldn’t recommend is the Hall of Fame ceremony, but everything else is really a lot of fun. Y’all will have a great time

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I’ve been to two, and to get the one negative thing out of the way, I’ll just warn you that the wrestlers are probably going to seem like ants to you unless you sprung for $5k tickets. Most of these venues were built for 100 yard football fields, and when you suddenly plop a 20x20 ring in them instead, it really is a huge difference compared to your typical Raw. You’ll probably find yourself watching the Jumbotron more than the actual ring at times.

All that said, WM weekend is a blast, and if this one is like any I’ve been to, you’ll be amazed as to how it seriously takes over an entire city for 2-3 days. Everywhere you go, people will be decked out in gear, and there’s just an energy that you’ll feel as soon as you get there. Highly entertaining. I also highly recommend the fan events because WWE goes all out for it, and it’s a great chance for your kid to meet a few stars, get pictures, and even take part in some of the events like getting to perform a WWE entrance.

Only thing I wouldn’t recommend is the Hall of Fame ceremony, but everything else is really a lot of fun. Y’all will have a great time

Great info. We didn't get seats on near the ring so you are right we will be up in the rafters. I couldn't believe how much tickets were. I think for both seats we paid about $500.

Dawgg, great info on the Axxess and Kay Bailey center events. I will be tracking that now.

Thanks

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Great info. We didn't get seats on near the ring so you are right we will be up in the rafters. I couldn't believe how much tickets were. I think for both seats we paid about $500.

Dawgg, great info on the Axxess and Kay Bailey center events. I will be tracking that now.

Thanks
Peewee, saw this and thought you’d want to check it out:

https://wweringside2022.com

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login