OT: Reacher 2nd season is out

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I like the series. Just having a hard time not seeing Thad Castle. Just like anything Chris Pratt does I see Andy.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Alan Ritchson is the perfect Jack Reacher.
I saw a video by him over the weekend describing his bi-polar issues and how difficult it was to even function and there was no way one could make it back without help.

For those of us that have had to deal with a bi- polar person closely, it did help me. Wish I had that link but I was fever ridden in the bed with flu at the time.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
My issue with these shows is they are so over the top. In the scene (in the trailer) where Reacher kicks the bumper of a car and the air bag deploys, it's just too much. I've hit two deer in the past year doing 30 mpg+ and no airbag deployment. No one cares that only one of them renders a proper salute? What about the lack of back blast on the RPG?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
My issue with these show is they are so over the top. In the scene (in the trailer) where Reacher kicks the bumper of a car and the air bag deploys, it's just too much. I've hit two deer in the past year doing 30 mpg+ and no airbag deployment. No one cares that only one of them renders a proper salute? What about the lack of back blast on the RPG?
You got to kick it in the right spot.*******

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
My issue with these show is they are so over the top. In the scene (in the trailer) where Reacher kicks the bumper of a car and the air bag deploys, it's just too much. I've hit two deer in the past year doing 30 mpg+ and no airbag deployment. No one cares that only one of them renders a proper salute? What about the lack of back blast on the RPG?
Didn't Justin Long in Live Free or Die Hard hit the bumper of a car with a trash bin to cause the airbags to deploy so they could steal the car by convincing OnStar to start the car for them?

So Hollywood has already set that precedent like every time they use a shotgun they wrack it before they use it whether they fired a shot or not. The character gets the still shot with them holding the shotgun and wracks it, then goes into their little speech and without firing a shot they wrack it again. I have started to see it on automatic pistols also.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
So Hollywood has already set that precedent like every time they use a shotgun they wrack it before they use it whether they fired a shot or not. The character gets the still shot with them holding the shotgun and wracks it, then goes into their little speech and without firing a shot they wrack it again. I have started to see it on automatic pistols also.
In one of the early TWD episodes a guy fires a regular shotgun about 15 times without reloading.

My favorite is when a movie character cycles a lever action rifle 5 or 6 times prior to firing.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
In one of the early TWD episodes a guy fires a regular shotgun about 15 times without reloading.

My favorite is when a movie character cycles a lever action rifle 5 or 6 times prior to firing.
I've caught myself shaking my head about some of the stuff I've seen on shows like that only to remind myself I'm actually watching a show about zombies.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Binge-watched the first 3 episodes of S2 today; interesting series plot, but I won't give anything else away for those of you that haven't watched episode 3.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login