OT recommendations for someone to install gutters and someone to repair windows

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Looking for someone in the Jackson/Madison area who does good work and is reasonably priced. I have gotten two quotes on the gutters. I thought the first one high then I got second and was ridiculously high.

Treemydawg

Sep 29, 2013
Looking for someone in the Jackson/Madison area who does good work and is reasonably priced. I have gotten two quotes on the gutters. I thought the first one high then I got second and was ridiculously high.

No idea how much your quotes where, but $8 a running foot and $45 per downspout would be pretty reasonable.

ETA: of course this depends on the height, difficulty, and gutter size/ material.

Last edited:

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

In my anecdotal experience, things related to gutters/roofing/ etc have accelerated in price just about faster than anything. Heck just getting two firms to come give you an estimate is something of an accomplishment.

Last edited:

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I used Phil Evans - https://www.evansgutterco.net/

Phil was the most reliable out of the 3 people I called. The difference in price of the 3 estimates I received was neglible. I think it was $150 between the lowest and the highest.

Last edited:

Treemydawg

Sep 29, 2013
In my anecdotal experience, things related to gutters/roofing/ etc have accelerated in price just about faster than anything. Heck just getting two firms to come give you an estimate is something of an accomplishment.

No kidding. My shingle cost are up $41 per square since January 2020 and metal is up right around 40%. It’s getting pretty ridiculous.

ETA: I received a letter from my supplier two weeks ago. Everything they carry is going up 7-20% across the board. This is everything from vinyl windows, siding, roofing materials, you name it they carry it.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Ensz and Sons out of GTR
Reasonable price and they do good work

I’m pretty sure they travel too

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
No idea how much your quotes where, but $8 a running foot and $45 per downspout would be pretty reasonable.

ETA: of course this depends on the height, difficulty, and gutter size/ material.

I need around 160' of gutters and one quote was $2,400 and the other was $3,500.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
No I removed the old gutter several years ago when I painted. I got the lower quote a while ago but I just got the high quote last December when I got a new roof.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
No I removed the old gutter several years ago when I painted. I got the lower quote a while ago but I just got the high quote last December when I got a new roof.

Were those quotes for 6" or 5" gutters, and did the quotes include gutter screens?

tired

Sep 16, 2013
You just need a few sixpackers to come up and help. All the crawfish we can eat, all the beer we can drink on you. And a place to sleep.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
You just need a few sixpackers to come up and help. All the crawfish we can eat, all the beer we can drink on you. And a place to sleep.
Come on. Not sure I’ll save any $ with the price of crawfish and how much y’all can eat but it will entertaining.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

Do you have any idea what a ladder costs that is rated for a Sixpacker?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login