OT: Red Rocks Amphitheatre

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Scored tickets this week to see Big Head Todd @ Red Rocks in June. Never been there. Starting my pre-planning for the trip.

We'll be there 2-3 nights with one of those being the concert.

Any recs on must-sees and must-dos in the area? Places to stay, places to eat?

Happy Cant Wait GIF by Happiness Matters

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
You should really consider changing your plans to Red Bluff. I could hook you up with some great recs there.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Scored tickets this week to see Big Head Todd @ Red Rocks in June. Never been there. Starting my pre-planning for the trip.

Seeing wsp there is on my bucket list

Reactions: dgsmith15

Desert Dog

Oct 8, 2022

Get there when gates open and park in South Upper Lot. If you don’t get there at gates opening you will not get this lot. Other lot can be a serious hike in and out. You can tail gate so load up with drinks, food and other things. Attendants will stop you while driving and typically ask if it’s your first visit. Tell them the lot you want and they’ll give you directions. If you want merch go to table as soon as you enter, they typically sell out at RR. Golden, CO is near Morrison and fun place to spend the day. New Terrain is a great brewery in Golden and you can plan a Coors tour. There are some hiking trails near New Terrain. Downtown Golden is fun and I suggest Snarfs Deli or they have a pizza buffet there. If you want options in Denver let me know and you should see if there’s a Rockies game. There’s also a Sierra Trading store there which has great prices on outdoor gear. Cheers!

Ingomardawg

Oct 1, 2018
Stay….Hyatt in Belmar or Fairfield Inn near RR exit on 285.

see: dinosaur exhibits, Evergreen Lake, Idaho Springs

Breakfast: French Market in Belmar, The Cow in Morrison

Dinner: The Fort in Morrison, Simms Steak House, Buckhorn Exchange in downtown Denver, Blackhat Cattle Co in Kittredge

Day trips: Idaho Sptings, Breckinridge

Nightlife: Cactus Jacks, The Little Bear (both in Evergreen)

You can weight my comments on the knowledgeable side since we lived there five years. Have a ball sir.

Rockymountaindawg

Dec 15, 2018
Get there when gates open and park in South Upper Lot. If you don’t get there at gates opening you will not get this lot. Other lot can be a serious hike in and out. You can tail gate so load up with drinks, food and other things. Attendants will stop you while driving and typically ask if it’s your first visit. Tell them the lot you want and they’ll give you directions. If you want merch go to table as soon as you enter, they typically sell out at RR. Golden, CO is near Morrison and fun place to spend the day. New Terrain is a great brewery in Golden and you can plan a Coors tour. There are some hiking trails near New Terrain. Downtown Golden is fun and I suggest Snarfs Deli or they have a pizza buffet there. If you want options in Denver let me know and you should see if there’s a Rockies game. There’s also a Sierra Trading store there which has great prices on outdoor gear. Cheers!
Drive down to Idaho Springs and head up the somewhat scary road to the top of Mt Evans. Tommy Knocker brewery in Idaho Springs. In addition to New Terrain brewery in Golden, there’s Golden City Brewing, Mountain Toad Brewery, Golden Mill and Cannonball Creek breweries. Sherpa House in Golden has great Indian/Nepalese food and if you like dive bars, Ace Hi Tavern.

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

Rockymountaindawg

Dec 15, 2018
Drive down to Idaho Springs and head up the somewhat scary road to the top of Mt Evans. Tommy Knocker brewery in Idaho Springs. In addition to New Terrain brewery in Golden, there’s Golden City Brewing, Mountain Toad Brewery, Golden Mill and Cannonball Creek breweries. Sherpa House in Golden has great Indian/Nepalese food and if you like dive bars, Ace Hi Tavern.
Also, if State is in the CWS while you’re there, Yazoo BBQ in the 5-points area of Denver has State watch parties.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login