OT: Review shows Favre-backed drug companies overstated benefits, connections

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Wiz Khalifa Money GIF by ABC Network

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"developing a nasal spray to treat concussions and a cream to prevent or limit them."

I'm shocked, a cream won't prevent or limit a blow to the brain from injuring it? I can just see players standing in the locker room rubbing miracle salve on their head to prevent a concussion.........

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Man this disapoints me about Brett. Is he gonna survive this without jail time?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Dude has been over-repping everything since before he sent out pics of his undersized pee pee.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
And i thought texting pictures of his junk around years ago solidified him as a man with great moral character.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
He's certainly a POS, but there's no chance he does jail time. There's just too many power politicians involved with a lot of his shady transgressions for things to be justly prosecuted.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
There hasn't really been anything publicly reported where it looks like he will be on the hook legally. He presumably didn't sign any of the grant applications or lease documents that moved money from MDHS to USM. I haven't seen as much on the actual flow of money to the drug company. I would assume it will be similar to the USM volleyball deal. He may have advocated for it, but probably didn't sign anything or take any responsibility for grant compliance. Now if he was out trying to raise money, he may have some risk associated with those activities. But the standards are different pitching a startup compared to a public company. Not sure how much he had to know to become criminally liable for that ype of activity.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
There hasn't really been anything publicly reported where it looks like he will be on the hook legally. He presumably didn't sign any of the grant applications or lease documents that moved money from MDHS to USM. I haven't seen as much on the actual flow of money to the drug company. I would assume it will be similar to the USM volleyball deal. He may have advocated for it, but probably didn't sign anything or take any responsibility for grant compliance. Now if he was out trying to raise money, he may have some risk associated with those activities. But the standards are different pitching a startup compared to a public company. Not sure how much he had to know to become criminally liable for that ype of activity.
Good stuff, thank you. What about soliciting money knowing the cash flow process would be done illegally? Did any of that kinda money ever reach its destination? What ever happens though I think Brett's gonna be a lot lonlier going forward than he'd been accustomed to prior to this but he's brought it upon himself.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Plus, he has the natural defense of "I'm an idiot, all these guys are lawyers and officials, how am I supposed to know it was illegal if they all said it was fine?"

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Plus, he has the natural defense of "I'm an idiot, all these guys are lawyers and officials, how am I supposed to know it was illegal if they all said it was fine?"

Wasn't there a text or voice conversation where a MS Gov't Official (maybe the Gov?) was discussing deals with Brett who was told this isn't gonna fly because it was illegal or something? I'm not sure if Brett continued to put pressure on MS's Government after he was told that assuming my memory is right on this.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login