OT: REWARD!!!

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I need someone to find the inventors of Dickens Village and bring them to me! I have spent HOURS setting up this village for my wife. Problem is, she wants them set up differently. Praying for a meteor!!!
Dickens Village pieces... so that's where you're investing your 401K.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

willi13

Sep 24, 2003
Right now she has 72 freaking buildings. So, yeah we’ve spent some coin.

atomic dawg

Apr 4, 2019
Right now she has 72 freaking buildings. So, yeah we’ve spent some coin.
72... sweet Jesus thats a whole lot o' Dickens! Some of those are 100 to 300 a piece. Maybe you should slowly start to make them "disappear" one or two at time.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I need someone to find the inventors of Dickens Village and bring them to me! I have spent HOURS setting up this village for my wife. Problem is, she wants them set up differently. Praying for a meteor!!!

Pull Back Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

willi13

Sep 24, 2003
Don’t have the room or patience to put them all out. A lot were gifts and way too many to put out.
After 34 years of marriage, I have realized that when the wife is happy we all are happy.

Reactions: cytubb

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Don’t have the room or patience to put them all out. A lot were gifts and way too many to put out.
After 34 years of marriage, I have realized that when the wife is happy we all are happy.
So where do you set it up? Like do you have a table that you bring out each year?

My parents gave my kids probably 12 houses and some trees- it was a costco purchase thats probably a knockoff of what you have. I stared laser beams thru both of them as my kids opened that **** up. What the hell- they know we dont have room for it. That whole scene sits in our basement each season on a table that is pulled out just for the houses. The Christmas tree comes down and those houses get shelved at the same time. It doesnt come soon enough each year.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
We have some Christmas village stuff. I have no clue if it’s Dickens Village or not. I hope not at the prices you’re throwing out. My wife’s Grandma gave her a few pieces to start the collection, so if I don’t support this, I hate her grandmother. The collection grows every year. We have double digit structures now. I feel your pain. I think we’re on pace for your count by the time we’ve been married as long as y’all.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Every year, I go to a junk store in Alabama on the way to my in laws for Thanksgiving. Stop in and buy every single Dickens Village piece they have. Usually 1-4 of them for around 18-24 dollars each. My MIL loves it.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
We have a **** pot load of Dickens---it stays up all year long only lit at Christmas.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Last year we stopped with the Christmas tree and put up a 4 tiered Christmas village where the tree used to go.

Reactions: willi13

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
I married the right woman. We have thanksgiving dinner and I leave to the camp with my boys. She stays home with my daughter and decorates for THREE DAMN DAYS. I would have to murder someone if I was expected to do that with her. We have 4 trees, the village, etc. It looks nice to everyone else, but it looks amazing to me because I don’t deal with it at all.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I’m glad my wife is a minimalist. We currently have a small artificial tree in the corner of the den, a few Santa figurines sitting around and a big assed deer sitting in the middle of the dining room table. Nothing outside. There have been a few years that all she put up was a 3ft tree on top of a side table. This crap will all be back in the closet before the sun sets on Christmas Day.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Update: PTL. Found out we have the cheap knock off village pieces from Michael’s. We may put out more decorations than I think are necessary, but at least we’re buying off brand.

Reactions: DerHntr

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

I have no 17'ing idea what you're talking about.

And no . . . I'm not going to look it up.

That being said, you definitely need help, so . . . good luck with that!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login