OT: Second Slidell teacher arrested for sexted teenage boys...

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
For all the **** that men get for thinking about younger women, is it just me or does it seem like these stories are nearly always the opposite scenario?
I’ve never looked into what the punishment is for their crimes but at least publicly the perception seems to be almost a double standard.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I’ve never looked into what the punishment is for their crimes but at least publicly the perception seems to be almost a double standard.
The only case I know of local to me, a female teacher got 10 years in the state pen. Pretty harsh punishment when it come to child sex crimes is far more the rule than the exception.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
thirsty thursday GIF

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
When I was in high school an assistant coach went through a whole family except the mother. Three sisters, when one would graduate he moved to the next one. It wasn’t a big secret and the mother worked at the school.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
For all the **** that men get for thinking about younger women, is it just me or does it seem like these stories are nearly always the opposite scenario?
These are seen as man bites dog stories, even though they're really not. Most high school teachers and employees are women, so whatever the propensity between the sexes for these type things to happen, the ones coming from high school are going to be females. And most guys I think had at least one hot teacher, so there's that interest from the male population.

I'm sure if you looked back through the newspaper wherever you live, there is probably a story about a male school teacher or coach or bus driver or whatever that engaged in inappropriate behavior and it never took off as a story outside of that town.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
There are certainly women that get popped as they should, but there are lots of women that get off with basically no jailtime. Too many people stupidly assume that a 14 or 15 year old boy is just going to be happy to get laid with no thought about whether it will emotionally 17 them up.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
There are certainly women that get popped as they should, but there are lots of women that get off with basically no jailtime. Too many people stupidly assume that a 14 or 15 year old boy is just going to be happy to get laid with no thought about whether it will emotionally 17 them up.
Teachers are 17ing 14yo boys and not spending time in prison?
Thats insane.
I dont keep up on this, as tracking educator sex offenders isnt one of my hobbies, so admittedly I just assumed teachers who are found guilty of 17ing 14yo kids would be sent to prison.

Agree that it has the potential to do some serious emotional damage.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Some years ago, my wife was a teacher in a private school. The headmaster was "involved" with one of the cheerleaders, and I'm pretty sure she was at the junior high level. I don't know what happened to him, if anything, but the school was closed down. He was a "minister", and was fairly old at the time - probably in his 50s.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
How the 17 can two women stupid enough to use a phone to clearly document their serious crime be qualified to teach for a living.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
When I was in high school an assistant coach went through a whole family except the mother. Three sisters, when one would graduate he moved to the next one. It wasn’t a big secret and the mother worked at the school.
Did you go to NW Rankin?

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
Second Slidell teacher arrested for inappropriate relations; more charges against first teacher | wwltv.com

View attachment 599762

When I was in school there was a teacher who had just graduated college. She was basically dating a guy that was a senior. He had been held back once or twice, and was at least 19. They dated publicly for a few months after graduation then it fizzled out. A few years later she was banging another senior. This was in the late 80's so it was basically accepted back then.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
We had a coach that got busted with a student affair several years after I graduated. Looking back, I've no doubt that he had some action when I was in school, he always had "groupies".

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Are you familiar with the public education system in most places?
I was good friends with a bunch of academy kids back in college. It was shocking how unprepared they were. Like struggling at basic English Comp class level unprepared.

And in my state, you don't even need a teaching degree to reach at private schools.
17 pedagogical standards- this person has a pulse, get em to the AP Chem class!

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
How the 17 can two women stupid enough to use a phone to clearly document their serious crime be qualified to teach for a living.
You obviously never took any classes in the College of Education. Instead of the Junior level Writing for Engineers, we were allowed to take the comparable Junior level writing course in the College of Education. Far and away the easiest class I took at &tate.

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
About 15 years ago, I was playing co-ed softball in North Carolina. I got stuck co-managing the team with a 24 yr old middle school teacher. She was kinda cute, athletic and very nice. One of the guys on the team had gone out with her a couple of times.

I was driving to a game one night and she calls me to tell me something came up and she wasn’t going to make it.

Later that night we found out she was arrested for having sex with a 14 year old at her school. She ended up spending a year in prison and having to register as a sex offender. She had texted with the kid and left an electronic trail even then. I definitely would have never guessed it.

I always thought it was odd she thought to call me about a rec league softball game immediately after bailing out of jail for that crime of all things.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Happened to my 8th grade science teacher - she was the Math Counts sponsor the school

She was getting it on with several 8th/9th graders - she lived a 1/4 from campus - a parent overheard a kid bragging about it at the movie theatre

it made sense after as to why she was always giving hugs to certain students in and around the classroom

Oct 17, 2023
not the same guy then. This was in Rankin County.
ETA: He got divorced twice when he was caught with a high school girl. He got fired several years ago when he got caught AGAIN. Sad part is that his son was in high school on the baseball team that he coached when he was caught and fired. It all started when he was first hired in 81.

patdog

May 28, 2007
not the same guy then. This was in Rankin County.
Over the last 40-50 years, it's probably been most every county in this state. I remember at my high school there was one first year assistant football coach who was quietly told that his contract wouldn't be renewed for the next year amid a lot of rumors.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
A local male coach got busted for taking in/ sorta fostering high school boys. He didn't touch them but apparently he was recruiting them for the his wife. Weird stuff.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Teachers are 17ing 14yo boys and not spending time in prison?
Thats insane.
I dont keep up on this, as tracking educator sex offenders isnt one of my hobbies, so admittedly I just assumed teachers who are found guilty of 17ing 14yo kids would be sent to prison.

Agree that it has the potential to do some serious emotional damage.
I can’t speak to the source for this data, but it is consistent with what I’ve seen from more reputable sources.

1719629615072.png

Reactions: fang

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I guess I just have Low T. I'll never understand the seemingly insatiable sex drive a lot of folks have.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
You need to go get it checked. Might make a world of difference and I'm talking about from an overall quality of life, sleep, energy, positive self preception.....plus the benefits it'll give your libido.