OT: Shad vs Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDawgs26

Aug 22, 2012
Is anyone else watching Shad White's Facebook bashing of MSU and Sid Salter? Below is his latest post. As much as I want to be on MSU's side Shad is right.

Mississippi State’s taxpayer-funded spokesman Sid Salter last week implied I was lying about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs at his and every other Mississippi university.
Everything is totally normal at Mississippi State, he says—no liberal indoctrination here.
Check my posts the last two days for examples of how he’s lying, taken from Mississippi State’s own website—with State showing a weird obsession with “whiteness,” “safe spaces,” “antiracism” (the belief that the “only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination”), etc.
Let’s keep going.
Last year, Mississippi State’s newsroom celebrated a professor because she’s now a leader in “***** criminology” and on “LGBTQIA2S+” (honestly, what does this even mean anymore?) issues. Sid Salter, as Chief Communications Officer for the university, what is ***** criminology? How does studying it improve our state economy? Why does it deserve taxpayer investment?
Your newsroom also celebrated one of the founders of Black Lives Matter speaking to campus. The speaker pushed students to treat “transgender women equally with natural born women” among other ideas. The university was so excited by this speaker that the Office of the Provost—the university administration—sponsored the event.
Sid Salter, is Mississippi State’s position that “transgender women” are men or women? What is Mark Keenum’s position on that question (maybe an intrepid student journalist could ask them)? Why did the university administration (the “provost and executive vice president”) sponsor this event? Is this a good use of taxpayer resources?
My purpose here is not to pick on Mississippi State. I’ve pointed out in previous posts the radical ideology on other campuses, including my alma mater Ole Miss. But I highlight State here because their spokesman Salter is literally the only spokesman who pretends as if this isn’t happening and who has implied I’m lying. The other universities have enough sense to know they shouldn’t deny the existence of their own crazy programs. There is proof on their own websites.
My purpose is to also make this point: wouldn’t it be better if our universities stopped spending taxpayer money on this garbage and instead obsessively focused on producing the graduates—doctors, engineers, business folks—our economy needs? Spend all your resources on that. This is just common sense.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
Is anyone else watching Shad White's Facebook bashing of MSU and Sid Salter? Below is his latest post. As much as I want to be on MSU's side Shad is right.

Mississippi State’s taxpayer-funded spokesman Sid Salter last week implied I was lying about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs at his and every other Mississippi university.
Everything is totally normal at Mississippi State, he says—no liberal indoctrination here.
Check my posts the last two days for examples of how he’s lying, taken from Mississippi State’s own website—with State showing a weird obsession with “whiteness,” “safe spaces,” “antiracism” (the belief that the “only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination”), etc.
Let’s keep going.
Last year, Mississippi State’s newsroom celebrated a professor because she’s now a leader in “***** criminology” and on “LGBTQIA2S+” (honestly, what does this even mean anymore?) issues. Sid Salter, as Chief Communications Officer for the university, what is ***** criminology? How does studying it improve our state economy? Why does it deserve taxpayer investment?
Your newsroom also celebrated one of the founders of Black Lives Matter speaking to campus. The speaker pushed students to treat “transgender women equally with natural born women” among other ideas. The university was so excited by this speaker that the Office of the Provost—the university administration—sponsored the event.
Sid Salter, is Mississippi State’s position that “transgender women” are men or women? What is Mark Keenum’s position on that question (maybe an intrepid student journalist could ask them)? Why did the university administration (the “provost and executive vice president”) sponsor this event? Is this a good use of taxpayer resources?
My purpose here is not to pick on Mississippi State. I’ve pointed out in previous posts the radical ideology on other campuses, including my alma mater Ole Miss. But I highlight State here because their spokesman Salter is literally the only spokesman who pretends as if this isn’t happening and who has implied I’m lying. The other universities have enough sense to know they shouldn’t deny the existence of their own crazy programs. There is proof on their own websites.
My purpose is to also make this point: wouldn’t it be better if our universities stopped spending taxpayer money on this garbage and instead obsessively focused on producing the graduates—doctors, engineers, business folks—our economy needs? Spend all your resources on that. This is just common sense.
What are the asterisks replacing?

Reactions: bulldognation

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023

Let’s keep going.
My question is MSU is a public university?

With 20% black students? And I assume Trans or LGBTQ+ students too?

As long as the speaking events are not a "required attendance event", what's the big deal?

I don't understand the DEI hate.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Guess where Shad White went to school. That's right, OM. The same OM who renamed their DEI while claiming to be moving away from it. And Shad got his JD from, (((drum roll))) Harvard, the kings of DEI. He can sit down and STFU!
Glad he got those Chicklet teeth fixed though. That's bigtime for someone from Sandersville!

Reactions: BirdPuppy and Dawgg

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Guess where Shad White went to school. That's right, OM. The same OM who renamed their DEI while claiming to be moving away from it. And Shad got his JD from, (((drum roll))) Harvard, the kings of DEI. He can sit down and STFU!
Glad he got those Chicklet teeth fixed though. That's bigtime for someone from Sandersville!
It's right in the last 2 paragraphs where he bashes OM as well.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It's right in the last 2 paragraphs where he bashes OM as well.
And OM changed theirs right before he went on this rant. Coincidence? Not at all! He's so full of crap he stinks. MS people will eat it up though.

Reactions: Dawgg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
My question is MSU is a public university?

With 20% black students? And I assume Trans or LGBTQ+ students too?

As long as the speaking events are not a "required attendance event", what's the big deal?

I don't understand the DEI hate.
The "Equity" part of DEI in practice almost always means discrimination based on some immutable trait, and sometimes religion. Public universities shouldn't engage in that.

For the speaker side, speakers that advocate for discrimination based on immutable traits or religion shouldn't be paid with public dollars. If a privately funded student group or speaker series wants to bring them on, I think that would be consistent with ideals of universities generally being open to debate and discussion of all sorts of ideas with the proper response to distasteful or immoral speech/ideas being better, more persuasive speech/ideas.

Not really a Mississippi State or Ole Miss issue, but I think generally universities aren't places for open discussion at all now, and things like discrimination justified by DEI and anti-semitism are tolerated if not encouraged, and ideas generally consistent with traditional values of the United States are subject to the heckler's veto. So I think people are understandably if not correctly concerned about that even getting a toehold in university administrations that are not already rotten.

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
Keenan needs to step in and shut sid down! Shocked that its got this far.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
The "Equity" part of DEI in practice almost always means discrimination based on some immutable trait, and sometimes religion. Public universities shouldn't engage in that.

For the speaker side, speakers that advocate for discrimination based on immutable traits or religion shouldn't be paid with public dollars. If a privately funded student group or speaker series wants to bring them on, I think that would be consistent with ideals of universities generally being open to debate and discussion of all sorts of ideas with the proper response to distasteful or immoral speech/ideas being better, more persuasive speech/ideas.

Not really a Mississippi State or Ole Miss issue, but I think generally universities aren't places for open discussion at all now, and things like discrimination justified by DEI and anti-semitism are tolerated if not encouraged, and ideas generally consistent with traditional values of the United States are subject to the heckler's veto. So I think people are understandably if not correctly concerned about that even getting a toehold in university administrations that are not already rotten.
Equating DEI with anti-semitism? seriously?

Traditional Values?? Anyone want to define those... (that should be a hoot!)

Then maybe we can consider the actual definition of equity - as theory and practice.

I hope they don't lock it up before we get some SPS responses.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
What Shad is referring to in his last two posts are related to research by 1 or 2 faculty members, not academic indoctrination of students as he would like for you to believe. He’s parsing the facts to fit his agenda…

MSU is a comprehensive university, so there will be speakers and research done that does not appeal to everyone. But his assertion that students are being indoctrinated and diversity training is required is just hogwash. His audit of the states universities “DEI” programs revealed money was being spent on such things as programs supporting veterans, students with disabilities, first generation college students (a majority of which are white), and students who were orphaned and/or came through foster care. Oh the horror.

he needs to focus on getting money back from Phil and Brett Favre, instead of
Writing a book about it

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023

Public universities have a duty to represent and educate the public. Which mean everyone int he state? Correct? And secondary education is teaching people "develop critical thinking and other skills that are essential for navigating the modern world?"

Wow. linking DEI to antisemitism? Straw-man bait much?

So it's not put into practice well, as judged by who?

But how is "Equity" bad? What I hear usually is " It discriminates against white cis men", who historically have treated the world as a " if someone else gets something that means I don't". Which is a sad and incorrect way to view the world. White Cis men are by far over represented in the modern world. In all ways. (read about how blind auditions changed the racial and gender makeup of the NYC Philharmonic vs other city's and it's own history)

Did the speech by the Black lived matter founder speech not have a questions session after? (it did) so it was "open to debate and discussion" and therefore there was a place for a "proper response" and by that I assume you support the event. As it was open to the "Hecklers veto" (which I find ironic in this instance as you want Hecklers to veto this event...)

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
DEI initiatives often have the good intentions of fixing society's problems but in horribly stupid ways that only handicap employers in the process.

That said, I hope we inequitably exclude the Sun Devils from the endzone Saturday evening.

DogStuckAtUM

Aug 5, 2021
As someone who interacted with Shad while at OM, dude is giant peckerwood.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Not sure how the english language works for you, but "and" generally doesn't mean "equate" for most people. There is no reason that DEI and anti-semitism have to be associated. Even if you accept "equity" requires discrmination based on race, there's no reason that it should involve antisemitism and if it were intellectually consistent, you'd think at the very least jewish people should be shielded from "anti-racist" discrimination, if not the beneficiaries of it.

But because of the people involved in the DEI racket, in practice they generally show up at the same places.

"Traditional values of the united states". Probably not great phrasing considering "traditional values" is often used in culture war context, but in this context, free speech, freedom of religion, liberty, nondiscrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, etc..

Then maybe we can consider the actual definition of equity - as theory and practice.

The definition of "equity" isn't as important as it was deliberately chosen as something contrary to "equality." If DEI was Diversity, equality, and inclusion, and that was actually how it played out in practice, it would be completely unobjectionable and consistent with the ideals of the US.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

It is absolutely anti-Semitic, by definition.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Do you not follow national news?
Most of them are listed in the Bible.
Equity is not the same as equality.
Just trying to make you happy.

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login