OT: Shaun White Documentary on MAX

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
My wife and I watched it this weekend . It was in 4 parts. I enjoyed it. Definitely worth the watch. Heck of a career and he pretty singlehandedly put that sport on the map and in the Olympics.

I did a search before I posted to be sure no one else had mentioned this. Only thing i found There was an idiotic post in the 2022 Winter Olympics thread about how he finished 4th and stayed too long. Maybe it was sarcastic??? Did not come across that way.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Thanks. I’ll watch that. I still remember watching Tony Hawk’s tv show about his skateboard tour. They stop at some place and this young kid was there and better than about everyone else, so they asked his mom if he could join the tour. That was Shaun.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Thanks. I’ll watch that. I still remember watching Tony Hawk’s tv show about his skateboard tour. They stop at some place and this young kid was there and better than about everyone else, so they asked his mom if he could join the tour. That was Shaun.
Yeah I saw that too. Bones Brigade I think it was. That is on Prime and it is the continuation of the Dogtown and Zboys tale. I found all that interesting even though I never could skateboard.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah I saw that too. Bones Brigade I think it was. That is on Prime and it is the continuation of the Dogtown and Zboys tale. I found all that interesting even though I never could skateboard.
Same here, I was never good at it myself, but I love watching all that Dogtown stuff - the documentary and the movie with Emile Hirsch. I guess anyone growing up in that era remembers the legends and the magazines and stuff. When skateboards really started getting popular I remember how cool that whole lifestyle seemed like to all of us in the neighborhood. We tried and did so many stupid things on the local hills. Between boards and BMX bikes, it's a wonder there were not more serious injuries than we had. I've heard God protects the stupid, which I appreciate.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login