OT: so cleotha kidnaps and rapes woman at same location

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
In 2021. Turns out there are so many murders that MPD doesn’t have time to run the rapes thru the system.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I don’t believe you

In 2021. Turns out there are so many murders that MPD doesn’t have time to run the rapes thru the system.

Our resident libs said it was the husband and nanny. Couldn’t be a repeat offender set loose because elected officials and the people they appoint are soft on crime.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
There is a serious problem with a back log of rape kits in Memphis. Supposedly these thing go back several years. The word around town is that they would have never found her killer as fast as they did if it wasn't for who her family was and either funding the efforts or pressuring the TBI to get involved.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
There is a huge backlog of rape kits

There is a serious problem with a back log of rape kits in Memphis. Supposedly these thing go back several years. The word around town is that they would have never found her killer as fast as they did if it wasn't for who her family was and either funding the efforts or pressuring the TBI to get involved.
Typical government efficiency with zero accountability. That’s not isolated to the rape kits. The circuit clerk in Shelby County has closed her office for two weeks this year to “get caught up”, forget doing your job so you are always caught up…while she went to Jamaica.
Cleotha was caught so quickly because he left his shoes at the scene of the crime and they were able to pull his DNA from them and since he was a REPEAT OFFENDER he was in a database. Detectives were able to find him quickly because of that. I’m sure her family has political pull and it probably helped. Of course that’s allegedly what happened…it was probably the husband and nanny, right Pars?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
A larger budget with more employees often helps reduce backlog.

Often not though. A lot of elected officials just don't do their jobs and/or don't require that their subordinates do theirs. It's possible Memphis didn't have the budget to process rape kits. It's possible they had multiple employees drawing a paycheck to do work that they just didn't do. I'd say it's extremely unlikely it's the former because there aren't many things that can legitimately be claimed to be higher priority than processing rape kits for a state and local government.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
The backlog wasn't the worst part

The rape victim named her attacker. Gave authorities his address and social media profiles. They sat on it. Only moved on it until he killed someone else.

I get that processing all rape kits is likely easier said than done, but when a victim tees it up for you like that, you act on it. Terrible.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
What a brilliant mindset

A larger budget with more employees often helps reduce backlog.

We have an elected official who continues to prove herself incompetent and manages people who prove themselves to be inefficient (at best), so we should give the incompetent elected official more money to hire more inefficient people and waste on frivolity. This pretty much sums up the liberal mindset. No accountability.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
Or hiring better workers

Have to pay way more for that. Government gets the best they can get for the terrible wage they provide. They could provide a higher wage, but then everyone would have to agree on that wage, and that is never going to happen.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
We have an elected official who continues to prove herself incompetent and manages people who prove themselves to be inefficient (at best), so we should give the incompetent elected official more money to hire more inefficient people and waste on frivolity. This pretty much sums up the liberal mindset. No accountability.

Got to agree. Cops aren't lacking for funding. Put in a state prohibition on shiny new cars or something if there's any backlog at all. It will disappear in a week.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
You could get rid of the 75% who don’t do a damn thing and use a big chunk of that money to increase the head count by 10%, but that would take competent leadership.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
Have to pay way more for that. Government gets the best they can get for the terrible wage they provide. They could provide a higher wage, but then everyone would have to agree on that wage, and that is never going to happen.[/QUOTE

pay and work ethic are not mutually exclusive

kired

Aug 22, 2008
That's not just a Memphis problem - there's a huge backlog nationwide that goes back decades in some cases. Apparently it's very low priority unless the victim is someone important or it's an obvious case.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Got to agree. Cops aren't lacking for funding. Put in a state prohibition on shiny new cars or something if there's any backlog at all. It will disappear in a week.
If you're going to waste money, I'd rather throw it at something that generally contributes to safety and deters crime (cops) rather than something that actively encourages it.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Have to pay way more for that. Government gets the best they can get for the terrible wage they provide. They could provide a higher wage, but then everyone would have to agree on that wage, and that is never going to happen.

That's not generally true. First, "government" doesn't pay terribly. The federal government pays very well (hence the relatively low turnover). State and local governments generally don't although there are exceptions. But aside from that, goverments don't generally hire the best they can. Some certainly do, but more balance what is politically expedient and competence. THe worst jurisdictions focus almost exclusively on politics, the better jurisdictions use politics as a tie breaker or slight edge when competence is the same or close.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
If you're going to waste money, I'd rather throw it at something that generally contributes to safety and deters crime (cops) rather than something that actively encourages it.

I'd rather throw it first at things that greatly contributes to safety and deters crime (testing kits so as to identify serial perps and put them away sooner) and then throw it at things that don't really contribute to safety and deterring crime (shiny new cop rides with all the bells and whistles, etc). Which was the point of my post that you entirely missed and did not address at all.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Typical government efficiency with zero accountability. That’s not isolated to the rape kits. The circuit clerk in Shelby County has closed her office for two weeks this year to “get caught up”, forget doing your job so you are always caught up…while she went to Jamaica.
Cleotha was caught so quickly because he left his shoes at the scene of the crime and they were able to pull his DNA from them and since he was a REPEAT OFFENDER he was in a database. Detectives were able to find him quickly because of that. I’m sure her family has political pull and it probably helped. Of course that’s allegedly what happened…it was probably the husband and nanny, right Pars?

It took the TBI to do the DNA testing on the shoes that's what I was talking about. I doubt the Memphis police department has those resources at hand. Also Cleotha was in the system for serving 20 years for kidnapping an attorney and forcing him to withdrawing cash from an ATM.

Far as Wanda Halbert she was failing at her job well before the most recent election. The problem is as long as there is a republican running against her she will keep getting elected. In other words you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

The mayor of a city doesnt hire or manage everyone. The mayor can suck, but the police dept can be great. The mayor can such, but the parks and rec dept can be great.
Apply that reality to any level of government. Hell, apply it to private for profit business too since it fits. A CEO can suck, but a division of that company can be great.

I have no idea if who you refer to is incompetent or not. If so, that sucks and they really need to be voted out. Them sucking doesnt mean all money will be wasted in all divisions though.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I wasn’t disagreeing with you.

It took the TBI to do the DNA testing on the shoes that's what I was talking about.

I was just adding on because I’m triggered. Keep preaching. I agree with everything you’ve said.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
In Jackson a man was shot a killed after a argument at an apartment building and someone else was shot at a Waffle House. "A Waffle House"

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login