OT: So whoever it was on here that suggested …

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
For hot sauces - Collards and Ghosts, well 17-you !!! 😊
I’m kidding but good gosh that stuff is HOT!!
A little will do ya and a slight dab is way plenty.
It has a great flavor but it’s Hot!
Reminds me somewhat of the pepper sauce my Dad use to make from these little green peppers that a GI at CAFB brought to him from Vietnam.
First time I tried it on some peas he said
“Be careful with that”

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
For hot sauces - Collards and Ghosts, well 17-you !!! 😊
I’m kidding but good gosh that stuff is HOT!!
A little will do ya and a slight dab is way plenty.
It has a great flavor but it’s Hot!
Reminds me somewhat of the pepper sauce my Dad use to make from these little green peppers that a GI at CAFB brought to him from Vietnam.
First time I tried it on some peas he said
“Be careful with that”
Yeah. I made the rec and then everyone in the thread started chiming in about Texas Pete and Louisiana with a common remark that Tabasco was too hot. I rescinded the rec at that point lol. Tabasco has ketchup heat after eating something like Collards and Ghost.

I got into the hotter hot sauces about 10 years ago. I learned that crap like Dave's insanity sauce just uses powdered capsaicin to crank up the heat but it creates an aspirin like bitter flavor too. Don't buy that crap and assume that all of the hotter level sauces taste like that. @Bulldog Bruce mentioned hay something like that and it just tasted like bitter buttholes.

Collards and Ghost is pretty damn awesome though. It does come in at 70,000 scoville heat units so tread lightly. Tabasco is 2500-5000 for comparison. I'm out and need to order some more CnG. I love it on cooked veggies and omelettes.

The hottest ones I found that actually has good flavor and doesn't use extracts that make it nasty is from Dingo. They have a Widow Maker and Pyscho sauce that are both around 675,000 scoville units. The WM is more traditional and the Pyscho has more of mustardish heat. I use these to season my chili in my bowl. Nobody lets me season the whole pot anymore.**"

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Just stick with the Crystal hot sauce-you can actually taste the flavor of the peppers. With that hot shat all you get is a burning sensation-it just fries your taste buds. Seriously, nothing that hot tastes worth a ****….
If you don't like it, that's okay. But this is the same doltish argument some people make about bourbon all tasting the same. If you never drink whiskey neat or never eat spicy food, all you will get is burn when you are exposed to it. But it's naive and kind of a rube take to think everyone else is like you.

I don't like bitter stuff. Grapefruit and coffee both taste like cat piss to me, but I am not so naive as think that everyone who can tell the difference in a fresh roasted and ground bean is full of shìt.

Now, I do draw the line when it comes to being able to tell the difference in microwaved frozen brisket vs fresh smoked. Only the most magnificent of æssholes will think nuked gas station brisket covered in sugary tomato sauce is good eatin. 17 Buc-ees brisket.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
If you don't like it, that's okay. But this is the same doltish argument some people make about bourbon all tasting the same. If you never drink whiskey neat or never eat spicy food, all you will get is burn when you are exposed to it. But it's naive and kind of a rube take to think everyone else is like you.

I don't like bitter stuff. Grapefruit and coffee both taste like cat piss to me, but I am not so naive as think that everyone who can tell the difference in a fresh roasted and ground bean is full of shìt.

Now, I do draw the line when it comes to being able to tell the difference in microwaved frozen brisket vs fresh smoked. Only the most magnificent of æssholes will think nuked gas station brisket covered in sugary tomato sauce is good eatin. 17 Buc-ees brisket.
You know, you and I were fine with coffee and grapefruit suck and some 50,000+ scoville hot sauces are excellent, but then you had to bring Bucees brisket into it.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I've been on Yellowbird Habanero sauce they sell at costcos. Looks like it's a little over 50,000 scoville - it's all I wanna tangle with.

1684330995279.png

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I would like to make a suggestion given that I understand heat pretty well.
or
or
Apparently lots of humans enjoy using references to me on their sauces.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Yeah. I made the rec and then everyone in the thread started chiming in about Texas Pete and Louisiana with a common remark that Tabasco was too hot. I rescinded the rec at that point lol. Tabasco has ketchup heat after eating something like Collards and Ghost.

I got into the hotter hot sauces about 10 years ago. I learned that crap like Dave's insanity sauce just uses powdered capsaicin to crank up the heat but it creates an aspirin like bitter flavor too. Don't buy that crap and assume that all of the hotter level sauces taste like that. @Bulldog Bruce mentioned hay something like that and it just tasted like bitter buttholes.

Collards and Ghost is pretty damn awesome though. It does come in at 70,000 scoville heat units so tread lightly. Tabasco is 2500-5000 for comparison. I'm out and need to order some more CnG. I love it on cooked veggies and omelettes.

The hottest ones I found that actually has good flavor and doesn't use extracts that make it nasty is from Dingo. They have a Widow Maker and Pyscho sauce that are both around 675,000 scoville units. The WM is more traditional and the Pyscho has more of mustardish heat. I use these to season my chili in my bowl. Nobody lets me season the whole pot anymore.**"
Tabasco isn't too hot. It's just some heat with no flavor (and to the extent it has one, it's not good). Texas Pete and Louisiana provide flavor with no heat. I'd prefer the latter option if there is nothing better. In general, I only like heat if I can associate it with a flavor. Some of that is pretty much just in my head though; what I think is the "hot flavor" at the Thai place I like pretty much is definitely not what makes it spicy. They will ramp the spiciness up or down and in my wife's less spicy version, the flavor I think of as the "hot flavor" is barely weaker, so the ingredient(s) making the flavor I like probably don't contribute much to the heat.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

There's definitely a tolerance developed. Sriracha is not as hot as tobasco but I would have never believed it the first time I had sriracha. I could have probably drank tobasco without water at that point without being uncomfortable but sriracha still seemed hot. Had a local place that made ghost pepper wings and a ghost pepper chicken sandwich. THe first time I had them said they were good but not worth it. Mouth burned the rest of the night and I was scared to take a **** the next day although I think it was fine. Then started craving them and they got "less hot" each time. This guy was a scratch cook so it's possible he toned the sauce down some, but I kind of doubt it because he was one of those *** holes that if somebody didn't like anything about his food, it was their fault for being unsophisticated and having ****** taste. That attitude (or possibly the drug habits) are presumably what put him out of business.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
The hottest ones I found that actually has good flavor and doesn't use extracts that make it nasty is from Dingo. They have a Widow Maker and Pyscho sauce that are both around 675,000 scoville units.
675,000 wt17 I bet your head ain't the only thing that is bald :eek: that will singe the hairs off your azz

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I would like to make a suggestion given that I understand heat pretty well.
or
or
Apparently lots of humans enjoy using references to me on their sauces.
Be gone Devil! Just like you to take credit for someone else's work.

Those sauces are the Good Lord's work .. Now this one, I'll give you credit for...

the-only-sauce-i-could-ever-think-to-get-at-tacobell-v0-qh9hvglkvky91.jpg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
How's it compare to the Trader Joe's Habanero that you tried? Flavor wise not necessarily just heat.
Have you ever had Secret Aardvark? It's more like that, with that sweetness from carrots & a thicker viscosity. Yellowbird is a lot hotter than the aardvark tho.

Jul 26, 2021
I have no ill intentions for humans in this one scotch and hot sauces happen to be two things that I love just as much as your kind.
Good Lord…also two of my most favorite things in the world!! Please don’t let us meet someday!

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login