OT: Sold my soul to Xfinity

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
The newest streaming thread reminded me...

I just swapped my cell service to Xfinity. My understanding is they use Verizon towers (I was previously on Verizon too). With 3 phones and unlimited service, the swap lowered my phone bill down to $120/month. I was paying something like $170 with Verizon for the 3 lines with similar service. Plus I got 3 new iPhones with the switch. They gave me a sh!tpile of credit for my old iPhones. $400 credit for each iphone 11 (non pro) and $700 credit for a iphone 13 Pro. Unfortunately, you HAVE to finance the remainder. They won't let you pay the cost of the phone outright. So in 2 years, when the phones are paid for, the bill will drop to around $90/mo. The phones will automatically connect to Xfinity hotspots when you are close to them. So when I go into the grocery store or the back of Home Depot, I get full service on wifi. Kinda neat I guess. Before I'd have to walk to the front of the store to get reception. I think this is becoming more common, but it's new to me.

I'm already on Xfinity cable and internet. I have all the sports minus the Redzone package that adds BienSports and The Outdoor Channel. I pick up that package during the NFL season. With that being said, subscribing to their mobile service lowered my cable/internet bill by $25/month. Now I'm paying around $115/mo for cable and internet.

Being an Xfinity customer also gives you access to some of the streaming services. Peacock for sure. I can also stream all the normal ESPN channels. None of the "+" channels.

Long story long, I lowered my cell/internet/cable bill by $85/month (and will be more when the phones are paid off) and got new iphones by selling my soul to Xfinity.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Sounds like a really good deal, but man, XFINITY..........

I swore when I put that old Comcast Cable Box on the counter 11 years ago and told them to "pound sand and kick rocks" (nowhere near that nicely) that I would go w/out service before I'd go back to them. Yep, I hold a grudge forever, like I have against Outback for the bowl snub and American Airlines for screwing me 12 years ago on a flight. Outback is kind of a grudge, I just don't like their food either but American Airlines will never see me on a plane again no matter how cheap they get.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

I swore when I put that old Comcast Cable Box on the counter 11 years ago and told them to "pound sand and kick rocks" (nowhere near that nicely) that I would go w/out service before I'd go back to them. Yep, I hold a grudge forever, like I have against Outback for the bowl snub and American Airlines for screwing me 12 years ago on a flight. Outback is kind of a grudge, I just don't like their food either but American Airlines will never see me on a plane again no matter how cheap they get.
I've never really had a bad experience with Comcast's service. The ONLY issue is their tendency to add $11 to your bill every 6 months. Every few years I have to call them and threaten to change services. They always find me a "better bundle" and all is good.

Reactions: patdog

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I refuse to ever give money to comcast unless I absolutely have no choice. Far and away the worst customer service I have ever dealt with

Reactions: WilCoDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

I still like their blooming onions. Just can't help myself.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

revereno

Jun 17, 2014
I've never really had a bad experience with Comcast's service. The ONLY issue is their tendency to add $11 to your bill every 6 months. Every few years I have to call them and threaten to change services. They always find me a "better bundle" and all is good.
Really want to know what you've done in life to deserve such good fortune.

Never had a single good experience with Comcast service. Thankfully got rid of them at home but still waiting on day 13 of no-shows for our business location.

Reactions: hatfieldms

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

Never had a single good experience with Comcast service. Thankfully got rid of them at home but still waiting on day 13 of no-shows for our business location.
Same here. My 83 yr old mother had a new cable cord strung across her driveway, down 2 doors and across a street in a gated community where it got driven over multiple times a day for almost 3 months. It took me sending a picture of that abomination showing several of her retirement community friends stepping over the cable before they went and buried it. Their subcontractor tried to bury the same cord that had been driven over hundreds of time and had insulation torn off of it, copper wires showing etc. I told him I wanted to take pictures of that wire first as he buried it to show Comcast and then he got all pissy w/ me saying it wouldn't matter if it was new........he put a new one out

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
My parents have a Cell Tower on their land that Verizon has BTS and sector antennas. Don't know how it works but my parents have income from it each month. Thank you very much. It will be mine or my kids one day. Depend on who out lives my dad. It will be my kids one day regardless.

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
One word of caution if you have the 15 Pro Max. I'm in ceasefire and every month I've had mine (since October or November) I've exhausted the 25 whatevers of high speed data. My use of my phone hasn't changed at all, and I never exceeded the data on my old phone. Once the 25 is gone it is supposed to go to 3g (i think), but it won't even send a text. I'm guessing the new phone chews through data more than the older phones even though the usage is the same?

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

Probably explains the rest of my life. The only good luck I have is with Comcast. Being a State fan is the other side of the coin.

Reactions: revereno

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
One word of caution if you have the 15 Pro Max. I'm in ceasefire and every month I've had mine (since October or November) I've exhausted the 25 whatevers of high speed data. My use of my phone hasn't changed at all, and I never exceeded the data on my old phone. Once the 25 is gone it is supposed to go to 3g (i think), but it won't even send a text. I'm guessing the new phone chews through data more than the older phones even though the usage is the same?
is this a lot?

IMG_8613.png

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login